Draven Reviews: The Undercover Wallet

attachment.php

Title: Undercover Wallet
Artist: Andy Nicholls
Producers: Titanas
Link: This can be purchased at any of your favorite Murphy?s Magic Retailers.
Retail Price: $85
Learning Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Length of DVD: 16 Minutes
Notes:

Features:
? Play All
? The Wallet
? Loads
? Steal
? Peeks
? Mystery Card
? Extras

An everyday unassuming genuine leather wallet that allows you to do two versions of no palm card to wallet, with built in mentalism peeks.

My everyday wallet that I carry around with me is a fire wallet. I love having a magic trick on me at all times to serve for those occasions where someone says to me: ?You?re a magician right? Do a magic trick.? The undercover wallet has replaced my fire wallet as my everyday wallet with a secret magicians twist! The wallet is made from beautiful real leather, and has lots of front slots to hold credit cards, drivers licenses, and the like. The wallet has two compartments for holding paper money, the back one has a zipper on it that you can produce a card to wallet from. There is also a mini insert wallet that has six slots to hold business cards too. This is a Mullica wallet. For those of you who don?t know what a Mullica wallet is think no palm card to wallet inside a wallet.

The Undercover Wallet has two immediate uses. It can produce a card to wallet via the zippered compartment or card to inner wallet again with no palming required. The loads on the no palm methods are smooth and easy. The wallet is large enough to give you plenty of cover so you won?t flash anything, and yet it?s not too big that it wouldn?t look out of place in your pocket. Using the same method you use to load a card into the inner wallet you can simply change the handling on that a bit, use a business card instead, and you?ll get a perfect peek at something the spectator wrote or drew. This makes this wallet quite versatile in what you can use it for. It?s not just a one trick pony.

There isn?t much on the DVD. It?s pretty strait forward. This is the wallet; this is what you can do with it. One of the suggested effects that I liked was the Mystery Card. A mystery card is selected sight unseen from a deck of cards, and placed in the wallet. A spectator selects a card, signs it, and returns it to the deck. Their signed card vanishes from the deck, and of course turns out to be the secret mystery card that has been inside your wallet the entire time!

I?m a fan of practical magic tricks. I?m also a fan of utility devices, and the Undercover Wallet is both! Mentalism, card to wallet, mystery card, this thing can do a lot. I haven?t owned my Mystery Wallet for much more than a week now and I?m already in love with it! This is my new card to wallet. It?s size, and versatility has earned it a permanent place on my person at all times. I simply don?t leave home without it.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8
Not a bad price for a real leather wallet that can do the things this one does. There are a lot of wallet options on the market, and this one is one of my favorites.

Teaching Quality: 8
Easy to learn, simple to follow along with.

Video & Sound Quality: 9
Clear video and sound.

Overall Quality: 9
I loved it. I replaced my everyday wallet with this one, and now I carry the Undercover Wallet with me anywhere I go.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results