Draven Reviews: The Workers Dream by Harry Robson

attachment.php

Title: Workers Dream
Artist: Harry Robson
Producers: Magic Ltd.
Link: www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53298
Retail Price: $167.99
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Notes: Some assembly maybe required for creating new gimmicks.
Run Time: 35 minutes

Features:
? Play All
? Scene Selection
? Bonus Routine

Includes:
? The Wallet
? Out To Lunch Cards
? Load Slides
? Pre-set up Pre-sealed Envelopes
? Privacy Screen
? Inner Loading Wallet
? DVD

The Workers Dream is an all purpose utility wallet for the on the go close up worker loaded with secret card to sealed envelope slides, a built in Out To Lunch gimmick, and secret business card peek. This maybe one of the last wallets you ever buy.

When you think of a utility device one of the few that come to mind is a magician?s wallet. These wallets have been made to do everything from hold multiple outs, to loading cards into envelops, to shooting fire, to getting peeks at what is written on business cards, to just about anything else you can think of. What Harry has attempted to do is create for you a perfect working man?s wallet loaded with multiple little gimmicks that can allow you to do an entire show just out of your pocket alone.

The wallet is beautiful in construction. It?s a good sized wallet and it?s made from nice leather. In fact, just to give you an idea of how nice it is this wallet went from my desk into my close up case, where it currently lives, in just under a few hours. The wallet has a good weight to it, and all the additional accessories it comes with really makes this wallet a fine quality product for the price you pay.

The wallet can do several things for you. The first and probably one of its more central functions is card to sealed envelope. The wallet comes with several slides so you can easily have five or six envelopes already set up in your case or other jacket pocket, good to go, and just replace the envelop slide and all as you need it. Table Hoppers will LOVE this feature.

The wallet also has a generous section on the left side to hold bills. If you do any bill magic, such as Hundy 500, Clean Cash, or other such things, then you can easily store your bills here and have easy justifiable access to them.

The wallet has a built in special holder for Out To Lunch cards with special pocket for the gimmick, which some are supplied for you. If you?re not familiar with Out To Lunch it?s a cute trick to do with your business cards that many magicians use to book gigs. In fact on the Out To Lunch cards supplied for you the line the spectator signs on says that they agree to book the performer on a future gig should the prediction be right. It?s evil and I love it.

The wallet has an outer business card peek device built in, and it comes with a few options as to how you want to use it. You can trim down one of your own business cards and put it in the window thus personalizing your wallet a bit more, or you can use the stock black card that the wallet comes with. For those fans of Chris Kenworthy telethought wallet, the privacy screen that comes included works on the same principle. Personally I hate that filter, but then again I also hated Kenworthy?s telethought note pad thing too.

The Wallet?s inner wallet is a beautiful little thing that allows you to also load a card, or prediction into it as you pull it out, creating for yet another impossible card to location effect. This effect was made famous by Tom Mullica or is also commonly known as Mullica Wallet.

The Worker?s Dream comes with a DVD that explains everything that you receive, how to set things up, and how to use them. At about 35 minutes the DVD isn?t that bad to listen through, and perhaps one of the most useful things is learning how to set up the sealed envelopes for more performances. There is nothing like a little arts and crafts before a show right? If you are used to working with different wallets before getting The Worker?s Dream then you may find it preferable to skip most of the information on the DVD. If this is your first wallet then the DVD will be helpful but it?s pretty safe to say that you?ll be working with the wallet long before the DVD finishes playing in any case.

Practicality was the primary function when this wallet was designed! Close up workers, table hoppers, street magicians, and even parlor workers alike will love this thing. It?s easy to get into and out of, the slides work beautifully, the peek is seamless, it?s flexible, and it?s well made.

Overall I have to say that I loved it. This is a great wallet and that?s evident by the fact that it immediately went into my close up case. You?re going to love it too.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 9
This is a good product. You get a hell of a lot of bang for your buck, and it?s something that you?ll use over and over. The construction will hold up to many future performances, and the DVD is good too.

Teaching Quality: 8
Good tutorial. Easy to learn and follow along with.

Video & Sound Quality: 7
The live performance sections were a little rough, but overall not bad.

Overall Quality: 8
This is a multi function workers wallet with flexibility to the kind of tricks that it can be used for, and the built in Out To Lunch pocket is a blessing. Love it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results