Title: Whiplash

Artist: Joshua Janousky

Producers: Murphy’s Magic

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $20.00 USD

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Length of Video: 1:35:12 (Approx.)

I love me some utility gimmicks! There is nothing more gratifying in purchasing a magic trick than having it be able to mold and fit into just about any performance need you may have. Joshua Janousky has come to the table with not only a quality utility gimmick, but a super powered secret weapon which will make close up workers scream with joygasms. Today we’re talking about Whiplash.

The product comes packaged in a neat little black box. Inside is a gimmick, and a business card sized paper with online instruction links. Upon first inspection, the gimmick isn’t anything special. It doesn’t stand out as unique and its potential is well hidden. The gimmick is printed on Maiden backed Bicycle card stock, but there are instructions on how to repair, or customize your gimmick to any card stock of your choice in the instructional video.

The video isn’t a short one either. Its jam packed with over an hour and a half of cool ideas, plots, and tricks that you can do with Whiplash. This will only serve to get your creative juices flowing because I’m sure you’re going to come up with your own ideas as well. In fact, that’s encouraged! Josh has set up a secret Facebook group, link in the video section, for anyone who purchases this trick to exchange ideas and handlings. I’m not going to go into a lot of detail on the different tricks taught on the video but I will say the first one, Josh’s version of Oil and Water, was instantly one of my favorites to do with his gimmick.

The gimmick is well made, and will last a while with proper care and handling. As I’ve already stated making new gimmicks or repairing the one you have is covered in the video. The only thing the product doesn’t come with is extra gimmick “secret stuff”. You’ll need to acquire that on your own. It’s not hard to come by either.

Performances pack a visual punch. It’s fun to play with, and the spectator’s reactions are all well worth it. Whiplash is quickly becoming one of my favorite gimmicks to play with this year. With a price tag of only $20 dollars Whiplash is a purchase you can make without hesitation. This will not be a trick that will sit in your magic drawer collecting dust. You will use it, you will love it, and you will thank me for recommending it to you. Simply put, go get your Whiplash today!

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 9

Fair price, good gimmick construction. Great trick.

Teaching Quality: 9

Great Tutorial. Lots of information.

Video & Sound Quality: 9

Great sound and video quality.

Overall Quality: 9

My favorite trick of this year!

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Reactions: Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results