DRAWBRIDGE TUT:

Sep 1, 2014
Hey. I'm thinking about making a tutorial( and putting it on The Wire) for one of my moves: Drawbridge. Is it decent enough? I love performing it and I hope it's original for the wire and I would love some great CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to help me better my moves.

Link:

R

raulteixeira

Dude, the idea for tranfering packets in a scissor cut is pretty nice, but I don't like that display, it just doesn't flow with it, the idea for the closer is really nice, but I think you can work a little harder on it. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Justin D
Dec 6, 2015
Canada
Hmm...It seems alright, but I agree, there could still be quite a bit of work to do on it. I suggest coming up with a flowing motion with your hands/wrists after you seperate the deck into 4 packets at the start - For example rotating your wrists until they're crossed. All the parts of the flourish some kind of disconnected, there needs to be a kind of continuation of motion there. Such as about half a second before the actual drawbridge move, I see an opportunity to move the cards in a wave-like fashion, a bit like a vertical snake. That would solve the slight awkwardness in bringing the packet in your left hand up and then immediately down again.
Finally, it feels like there needs to be something more at the end as a closer - maybe a quick revolution cut with your right hand just before you toss the packet into your left?
It's definitely pretty cool though, and I like the song and video editing.

Reactions: Justin D
Sep 1, 2014
Hmm...It seems alright, but I agree, there could still be quite a bit of work to do on it. I suggest coming up with a flowing motion with your hands/wrists after you seperate the deck into 4 packets at the start - For example rotating your wrists until they're crossed. All the parts of the flourish some kind of disconnected, there needs to be a kind of continuation of motion there. Such as about half a second before the actual drawbridge move, I see an opportunity to move the cards in a wave-like fashion, a bit like a vertical snake. That would solve the slight awkwardness in bringing the packet in your left hand up and then immediately down again.
Finally, it feels like there needs to be something more at the end as a closer - maybe a quick revolution cut with your right hand just before you toss the packet into your left?
It's definitely pretty cool though, and I like the song and video editing.

Thanks for your constructive criticism it was GREATLY appreciated. I will consider all of this and tweak the flourish itself. You made some really good and valid points about the four packet display and how I can make it flow better. I will get right onto fixing the flourish and make it flow better. Thanks for your comment.

Reactions: Martin Eret
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results