Drawing Room Deceptions - Detailed Review

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Can someone please post a detailed review of Drawing Room Deceptions? I would like to get it but I want to know what I am going to be getting first... If that made any sense.

Thank you!

Jun 14, 2009
I could write a lengthy review for you but I'll just say BUY IT. Probably my favorite book in card magic. REALLY clever stuff. My all time favorite palm is in there. I really recommend it. =)

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Thank you for that website but I was really kinda looking for a review detailing how difficult the individual tricks and such are.

I am already 100 percent sure that I am going to get it sooner or later but I just want to know what is involved.

So if anyone would be kind enough to post a review, I would be very thankful.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm not a card magician any more, but I will say regarding difficulty that they pretty much run the gamut from relatively easy to extremely difficult - there is one piece called The Penetration of Four Cards Through a Jacket (guess what happens in the trick) that I consider the hardest piece of sleight of hand card magic I've ever seen, simply because you're trying to do different things with both hands at the same time, it's ridiculous.

I know this isn't a full review, but at least it slightly addresses difficulty. Expect to spend a lot of time on the material inside.

Nov 10, 2007
I understand you are interested in Drawing Room Deceptions.

The book is brilliant, it has very nice routines inside. They are also very workable real world routines, which is what makes this book great.
None of the effects are easy, they all require some practice, but that is with most great effects.

Hope this helped.

Thank you

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Thanks again guys but I think I phrased my earlier question incorrectly.

I would like explanations of the effects. No, I do not mean how to do them. I mean a general description of what the effect is and how difficult it is.

If someone could just find it in their time to make a review, I would be most grateful.

Sep 1, 2007
This book is pretty difficult if you're just starting out, but if you've been performing card magic for awhile, go for it. Waving the Aces is one of the easiest effects out of the book and Oil and Water is easy too because it uses sleights from Wave the Arses, There's also Reformation which is intermediate, but the hard effects are not effects it's actually the sleights and the gambling demonstrations. If you don't know any gambling moves, miracle switch, second deal, etc, then don't buy the book because it'll only keep you wondering and therefore going on youtube just to find out, which is bad so I don't recommend doing that. Any more questions just pm me please.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010

Yes I have already seen these 2. If you had read the articles (which I am assuming you didn't), or at least read the thread and then the articles, you would see that those 2 are not what I was looking for. Thank you for the input though.

To Bernard, thank you. The only thing I think that I don't know is the Miracle Switch. I can do second deals and such but I am really looking for the other tricks besides the gambling routines.

I will definitely PM you if I have more questions.

Thanks to everyone. My questions have been sufficiently answered. Tha

Thanks guys!

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
G, in your original post, you made no reference that you had seen those. I was simply trying to help out. And, to prove a point, Bernard gave just as much information as just one of those reviews, the other one was a whole book review. So...

Ian

P.S. And I did read it, genius. Don't assume. You know the saying...though here it doesn't apply to me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results