Dribble Pass - Help

I want to use the dribble pass in my ACR, but I just can't seem to get it. I think it is because my hands are too small. If anyone performs this with small hands or if you know how to please give me a few tips!

Nov 10, 2007
I have small hands too. I have practiced it enough towhere I can do it fast it is just not invisible enough. It is all about the prctice though. I know luke Jermay has a variation on the dribble pass which people say is easier, you can check that out at peguinmagic.com in the instant downloads section.

Oct 30, 2008
holy crap his hands are small!!!
I'm sure that's an exageration, ROberto Giobbi has an exellent description of the dribble pass in Card College (I believe it's in vol. 5). Also, you should learn a move like the pass just for your ACR, if you have a great pass you can use it for much more than making a card come to the top of the deck.

SP

Feb 28, 2008
I've always heard that Lee's hand are really small, but this can't be accurate. Everyone has different size monitors so it will be inconsistent.

Oct 17, 2008
It really is all about practice, not just how much- but also how hard you practice. Put your best effort into it every time you do it, even if no one's watching.

But, I've found that you can do a classic pass, and quickly grab the top packet and dribble it on top.

I do agree with what others have said-- although the size of your hands may probably make learning a particular sleight more difficult, it's no excuse to stop trying and studying it. I recommend looking into other sources to learn the same sleight; often different authors' takes on the same move will trigger what you're missing to make it easier to execute. Roberto Giobbi's Card College is an awesome resource to have. In more cases than one, this set has made learning different sleights much clearer for me than the older, dryer books like Erdnase.

In any case-- if you're still looking for similar moves--

The Herrmann/Turnover Pass is a great alternative. I've always been a fan of shifts where the bottom packet comes to the top rather than where the top goes to the bottom. I think such passes are easier to cover regardless of such factors like hand-size and flexibility. The movement of the pass seems more motivated and natural than the standard pass. To each his own.

If you want a crazy easy (and equally visual) alternative, do a LePaul Bluff Pass with a face-up card and finish with a Cardini Color Change. The Bluff Pass isn't really a shift at all, but it resembles one pretty closely. It doesn't even matter what size your hands are at all-- if you have five fingers and a fundamental sense of rhythm, you can accomplish the sleight easily. I think it's taught here on T11, but you can again find it written out in full detail in Card College as well. Hope this all helps.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results