Drop - The Visual Downward Elevator Effect | Chris Lafferty

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Hey... all these forums posts just made the effect dubiously obvious to me. I think they should be edited as exposure? I'm not sure.

About the effect, I say meh. Raise Rise (if you can do it!) looks better.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Hey... all these forums posts just made the effect dubiously obvious to me. I think they should be edited as exposure? I'm not sure.

About the effect, I say meh. Raise Rise (if you can do it!) looks better.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Chris says it looks just like he's squaring up the deck. Is that every time? If so, how much squaring does a deck need??? Not even squares, more rectangular than anything, off topic sorry.

My hand raises to square and steady the deck, I cover the move and it's done. A second, perhaps.

The rectangle comment... I have no rebuke to.

CL

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
When I used to perform DROP I'd bring the deck up to blow, you want to put emphasis on the magic moment, the blowing was an indication that something had happened.

The most effective cover is to put it all out in the open and let them see the magic happen, because of the angles on the move, they can pretty much burn your hands and not see a thing... When done right!

DC

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
When I used to perform DROP I'd bring the deck up to blow, you want to put emphasis on the magic moment, the blowing was an indication that something had happened.

The most effective cover is to put it all out in the open and let them see the magic happen, because of the angles on the move, they can pretty much burn your hands and not see a thing... When done right!

DC

Word up.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
after working with the effect for a while, this can really work, I think the presentation of it in the video doesn't make the effect look as good as it could, and almost gives the method out for free.

but there are major subtleties added to this effect that can make it extremely visual.

~Beans

Nov 8, 2009
This thread is coming very close to a reveal thread..........

Beans25, a performace of it with your added subtelties would be cool, it does seem as if this trcik has potential.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results