Effect - Burning a card?

May 8, 2008
England
Ok, so I want to do a transposition effect that involves me burning a card and the card in the spectators hand changing to that card.

So how easy is it to burn a card? And I mean completely so it's just blackened bits of card...

I'm sure people must have done this before...

Thanks in advance

-S♠

D

Deleted member 2755

Ok, so I want to do a transposition effect that involves me burning a card and the card in the spectators hand changing to that card.

So how easy is it to burn a card? And I mean completely so it's just blackened bits of card...

I'm sure people must have done this before...

Thanks in advance

-S♠

Put a flame up to the card. It burns. Done. It's paper, of course it burns. :)

-Doug

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
It's not too difficult, but takes a bit of effort - I did a lot of testing and research (as sad as it sounds) into the best way to burn a card for my effect Cinders... (check the site for details)

Take your lighter and touch the tip of the blue part of the flame to one corner of the card about half an inch in and burn across the card.

Takes a bit of playing with, but should be cool :)

D.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Take your lighter and touch the tip of the blue part of the flame to one corner of the card about half an inch in and burn across the card.
I believe the tip of the flame (the yellow segment, rather than the blue segment) will create the most damage in the shortest amount of time. Of course, the best way to determine the most efficient way of destroying a pasteboard is to give it a shot.

Be safe! :D

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I believe the tip of the flame (the yellow segment, rather than the blue segment) will create the most damage in the shortest amount of time. Of course, the best way to determine the most efficient way of destroying a pasteboard is to give it a shot.

Yes you are right jon.. I'm doing it right now :p

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
To burn a thicker paper stock, the most effective route is to hold the flame beneath the card, about a half inch below the card, which should be held flat, parallel to the floor. Now, allow the card to heat up, without actually touching flame to card. Hold it for a moment or two. The heat will build up and you will actually see smoke pour from the top of the card for a split second before it bursts into flame's. I find this to be the most effective way to set it on fire, as well as being quite visually pleasing (if you're into that kinda thang!).

C!

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

Really? I'd think the opposite considering the blue part of a flame is the hottest part.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results