Effects that put you in seeming "danger"?

Nov 29, 2011
I have a show coming up for my family and stuff, and last year I did Matt Mello's version of the Russian Roulette and got great reactions. I think it was that part of the show where there was an inherent sense of danger that got them really on their feet. (Made the kids scream). So i didn't want to repeat the effect, so I am trying to find other tricks that put me in seeming danger or any tricks that have the inherent feel of danger. I always do Watertrap by Bro Gilbert, would the fire seem dangerous enough?
Thanks in advance.

Feb 7, 2011
There is an effect here on theory 11 by dan sperry, it's called cookie cutter, it made me cringe and tense up the first time i saw i watched it.

Jun 1, 2009
Cookie Cutter is good, simple, and can easily be adapted to fit different styles. Also Cobra Kiss by Hondo is a great Russian Roulette style effect as well that can be either serious or comedic, and has a great sense of relatability for people.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
There's a few ways to look at this issue however; the first time you did it you managed to gain "surprise" from the audience by overcoming possible danger HOWEVER, to repeat that same kind of set-up causes you to loose in a big way because the second go around looks like a poor trick and likewise devalues how people will remember that first situation where you "nearly lost". In other words, you will go much further if you change things around and avoid anything of the sort and shoot your focus in a new direction.

Take a look at the Copperfield specials; He went from Vanishing something big one season to a phenomenal Levitation or an Escape the next season and so on. He gave the public "More" and "Big" without repeating the essence behind a given stunt, and that is what we're discussing here. So maybe you should weigh other options; maybe do an escape that's rather dangerous looking like a Water Cell, Door or Bed of Death, etc. ? Maybe you could stage a super high Levitation in which the young lady ultimately vanishes or bursts into a brilliant ball of light and is consumed into nothingness?

This is a very important decision in that you need to look at how to "out do" yourself but do so in ways that are a treat to your guest.

Think about it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results