Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Ego Slip

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Nov 18, 2008
CA
From the DG Projects (Vol. 2 White or Wheat). Anyone actually use this and had any luck? I've been playing with it lately and have found it to be a pretty practical, convincing control. What kind of effects have you used this in? (if any).
Here's a link :)30 - :32)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pScgk-vk7jY

Jun 24, 2008
Personally i have used this extensivley in perfomance and have found that it can be used for any other control to top. another plus for this control is that it retains the order of the rest of the deck.

Jun 24, 2008
For one filth, if one were using a stacked deck or were in the middle of a trick ( let's use Dan and Dave's Transpositioning) and used a control such as a pass, it would hinder the trick by disrupting the order of the set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
For one filth, if one were using a stacked deck or were in the middle of a trick ( let's use Dan and Dave's Transpositioning) and used a control such as a pass, it would hinder the trick by disrupting the order of the set up.

Swing cut before your pass...?

Jun 24, 2008
which is more casual filth, one motion or two? a simple dribble, or a swing cut then an awkward( in your case) hand motion?

Nov 18, 2008
CA
which is more casual filth, one motion or two? a simple dribble, or a swing cut then an awkward( in your case) hand motion?

a swing cut and then a pass with your audience watching your hands is definetly not more casual than an ego slip or cherry control.

Jun 24, 2008
Honestly filth, Im sorry for being rude in my earlier post. Im not saying that it isn't "casual" im simply saying that though the swing cut may be second nature it is far simpler and more convincing to make one motion with the hand than to make several. I feel that a control is most usefull when no motion is perceived.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Ok i guess i prefer the look of a single card being placed in to the pack instead it being cut because that's how most spectators would do it. Also unless your pass is godly, unsuspicious and COMPLETELY invisble your spectators will notice that you did "something". Just my opinion.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I use the Spread pass by Paul LePaul taught by Chad NElson and the DMB spread control. Both are very deceptive and quite beautifull to the eye.

Gustav

Sep 2, 2007
London
I think it's difficult to argue the merits of one control over another on an absolute basis. The best control is the one that fits the situation and the performer's natural way of handling cards, gesturing and moving. If you normally spread the cards for a selection to be made and returned, then a spread pass or spread cull would be suitable. However, if you're in the habit of fanning the cards, then a Cherry control would seem to fit the bill.

Swing cut before your pass...?
If you do that, why not just double undercut?

I think what XxJamesxX means that its a simple one card control without anything to steal out or move. Its really one of the simpler single card controls out there, but its still has its short comings ( you have to be holding the selection, can't do it from breaks ).

A good control is the one that fits the situation.

~ Feras

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I use the Spread pass by Paul LePaul taught by Chad NElson and the DMB spread control. Both are very deceptive and quite beautifull to the eye.

Gustav

I use a movement that is similar to that of the bucks,( I learned it from brian Tudor) I use it a lot because it feels so natural, anyway,who originated this move?( I dont know if this is exposure, but in this version you swithc the card for the one at the right)

because the other guy said that a pass would ruin a stack.
A pass is a cut, which would ruin some stacks, and is suitable for some effects where full deck retention is needed, but then again, effects that need a pass control with a full deck retention are very rare. In most of people I know just settle for a double undercut, since you want to appear to mix the deck anyway.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results