Electric Touch

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
I'm Thinking about getting Electric Touch. For anyone that has it, I got a couple of questions:
1) Is there Refils Of some sort, that you need to buy, to keep the electricity going?

2) I noe it can be done shirtless, but can you control the electricity, so that at one point you can touch the spectator normaly, and then with the shock?

3) Can you pretty much walk with it all day, or can you only put it on, right before knowing your gonna use it?

Thank in Advance!
I noe its a great touch to allmost any effect!

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
i do not own it, bu I was looking into getting this myslef so I gathered some info on it
from what i heard

1.no, refills are not necessary

2. Yes u can control when the shock happens

3. you can walk arounf with it all day

now if I am wrong on any of these please correct me, although i think I answered all questions correctly =]

I used the Electric Touch pretty regularly when it first hit the market. I thought it was a great supplement to the magic and mentalism I was performing. I definitely got my money's worth and I'm sure you'll enjoy using it if you decide to make the purchase.

To answer your questions more thoroughly--

1. The only thing you may need to buy are batteries. The batteries that were supplied with my ET were cheap and only lasted a few days. I replaced them with Duracel Batteries and only had to buy more two times over the course of a solid two years of weekly regular use. I hear in some part that the batteries are tricky to find, but I was personally able to find them at the local Wal-Mart in the electronics section.

2. This is a tricky question. Over the course of an entire night you can touch people normally and then shock them later, however if you want to do it in the context of one single performance-- it may take some work. Once the device is on, you're going to be charged and you're going to emit electricity. I personally found it difficult to secretly activate/de-activate the device while performing in front of people, but I've heard testimonials of others who were able to do it easily. You also have to be careful here. The device has a knack for switching on for no apparent reason, and you may catch yourself by surprise at the end of the night when you reach for your car door to drive home. I'm sure you'll learn these quirks the hard way and get accustomed to them. Ha.

3. And lastly, yes-- you can walk comfortable with the device on all day long and be fine, but you should be careful of hard surfaces like pavement or certain hardwood floors. Youll find yourself in awkward situations with people staring at you for apparently wearing one tap-dance shoe.

I recently stopped using the Electric Touch when I started dabbling in suggestion techniques. I found I can successfully recreate the same moment and genuine feeling in people just by using words. It makes it much more organic and impromptu without the gimmick. I'm also looking into taking some hypnosis courses to be able to intensify these suggestions and make them play out more convincingly in the walk-around environment. I just finished reading Anthony Jacquin's Reality is Plastic and I'm a huge fan of his work. Once I study it a bit more, I may incorporate his techniques to produce a better suggestion for an apparent shock and thought revelation.

If you have any other questions, feel free to get back at me.

RS.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thank you very much guys, for answering !

Im deffenatly going to pick it up, in a week or so!

Alex

Apr 7, 2009
I have heard that it can be very difficult to assemble, almost to the point of not worth having to deal with. any insight there?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results