Ellusionist Shadow Master's Challenge

Oct 6, 2007
Hi guys,

I plan on entering the Shadow Masters Challenge on Ellusionist. First of all who is joining from here? (Hopefully not too many, some of you are DAMN talented).

Could anyone give me some tips for a good video?

I'm not great at editing (only Windows Movie Maker),
Filming wise, I plan on filming at a Chinese Temple since I live near one in Hong Kong (no temple..stuff though, don't worry) and I don't really have any filming restrictions (friend helping me film outdoor).

I'm not a flourisher, so color changes, etc. and basic flourishes is waht i can do,

I got some clips from indoor which I plan on using too.

So just some tips would be great! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
mm since... shadow masters is kinda shadowy aha make your video kinda spooky and have shadow of yourself doing some flourishes

Nov 17, 2007
Well. I might join. But, the only thing is, you can ONLY use material from their DVDs. And the took the system and the trilogy off. So, I basically can't do any flourishes other than the basic ones of XB and CTG. And, all I do it basically flourishes. So, I don't know what to put in. =( And, I don't have a Shadow Masters. So yeah. A lot of factors stand in my way.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Ah, well good luck to you all who are enterting!

I know that I would love to enter, but alas...I don't own any video editing software. I'm not above using Shadow Masters either, in fact, I'd love to get my hands on a deck and check them out.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
What is the prize anyway, to be featured as a video on the site?

Is that it?

I believe that the prize is boasting rights. Even though, sounds like it could be a lot of fun taking part in any kind of a contest like that.

You never know, however, they could spring a new prize up on us at the last minute.

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
ok i just, on the spur of the moment invented a trick. i know this has nothing to do with the thread but could i use an invented trick in my contest video?

for those who are curious, here is the effect:

one person chooses a card (lets say the 9 of diamonds) and signs the back of the card. they then hold it face down. another person chooses a card and holds it face down upon a magical gesture, the cards switch places but the signature stays on the card that was signed. i could do this where both cards are signed on the back aswell. do you think that would be more effective?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Do you have the Electric Touch?
Once both spectators have their cards, touch their hands at the same time.
They'll feel the change.

no but i could have them hold their hands close together and i could put my hand under thiers and puff some smoke with US2K?

Oct 6, 2007
Sep 1, 2007
I can always re-post can't I?

Like re-shoot and re-post. Thats what Ima do :)

I don't think it works that way. Better check in with JBone.

Here's the thing, you already submitted your video, but the thread stays open for another month. If you were so obsessed with quality, you should have waited.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results