Erdnase is driving me mad...

Jun 3, 2016
I feel like I'm going crazy...

I'm reading expert at the card table's section of culling cards. No matter how I work it out, I'm stuck at the culling 3 cards section. This goes out to anyone Here are the instructions:

Note: This is public domain so I hope it's not violating rules to post this here.

UNDER-CUT about half deck, in-jog first card and shuffle off. Undercut to in-jog, run one less than first number, in-jog running one more than second number, out-jog running one less than third number, and throw on top. (Two of the desired cards are now at top and bottom of middle packet and the third on top of the deck.) Under-cut to out-jog, forming break at in-jog, in-jog top card, run one, throw to break and shuffle off. (The three cards are now together at in-jog.) Under-cut to in-jog, and shuffle off, leaving the three desired cards at the bottom.

Everything works out perfectly until I get to the counting cards part. Lets run through the stacks if I'm trying to control Aces (In the positions suggested by the book 7, 5, 9):

Run one less than first number:
  • Six Random Cards

in-jog running one more than second number
  • Six Random Cards
  • Random In-jogged card
  • Ace
  • Four Random Cards
  • Second Ace (Total of six cards here from the in-jog {one more than the second number}
Out-jog running one less than third number, and throw on top.

• Six Random Cards
  • Random In-jogged card
  • First Ace
  • Four Random Cards
  • Second Ace
  • Random Out-jogged card
  • Seven Random cards
  • Last Ace**** (This is not good because the instruction tell you to throw the rest of the cards on top here which would bury this card in the deck)
Sorry if this is a bit scattered. I didn't want to post the entire section on culling. This will probably only make sense if you've actually studied this section of the book before. I've read this over and over... Either I'm missing something, or your supposed to do the second packet two shorter than it's number, not just one. Am I counting wrong here? Is this a typo?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results