ESP routine

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hey guys, I was wandering if someone can recommend a really good routine using ESP cards?
I like ESPerfect, but the trick is over in 1 minute, and it doesn't really use the full potential of ESP cards. I've been using my own take on spectator matching up all the symbols with mine, but again, that's just one part of the routine.
So if anyone knows a good, 3-5 minutes routine, 2-3 phases, please let me know.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
My wife is getting me ESP Origins (deck and pamphlet) for Christmas. I can just sense it. :)

I also know there are some good ESP routines in Max Maven's Prism but I'd have to go over them to see how they would work for you.

Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations Volume 1 also has a number of effects with ESP cards.

You also can go the the Behr Archive Index and click on PROPS and then ABC AND ESP CARDS and then on each of the categories for some additional references (including references to Apocalypse, Jinx and Tarbell).

Over the next week or so I'll be looking at a lot of the ESP effects, so I'll post more after I've done my research and reading.

EDIT: OK, I just realized that Subtle Card Creations is out of print. However, I found that there is series of DVDs by Aldo Columbini on effects using ESP Cards on wildcolombini.com

EDIT #2: A lot of Trost's ESP Card material is in The Card Magic of Nick Trost. See Chapter 17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
My wife is getting me ESP Origins (deck and pamphlet) for Christmas. I can just sense it. :)

I also know there are some good ESP routines in Max Maven's Prism but I'd have to go over them to see how they would work for you.

Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations Volume 1 also has a number of effects with ESP cards.

You also can go the the Behr Archive Index and click on PROPS and then ABC AND ESP CARDS and then on each of the categories for some additional references (including references to Apocalypse, Jinx and Tarbell).

Over the next week or so I'll be looking at a lot of the ESP effects, so I'll post more after I've done my research and reading.

EDIT: OK, I just realized that Subtle Card Creations is out of print. However, I found that there is series of DVDs by Aldo Columbini on effects using ESP Cards on wildcolombini.com

EDIT #2: A lot of Trost's ESP Card material is in The Card Magic of Nick Trost. See Chapter 17.

I have ESP Origins, and the deck and the cards that you get is just insane. Really really good. However I didn't like the routines in the booklet at all. Some are way to complicated for everyone to follow, someone requires half the table space just so you can do them, some are 15 minutes long where the impact actually decreases as the tricks goes on... But that's just my opinion.
But the deck of cards is definitely worth the price, if not more.
And yes, please keep posting whatever you find.
Thanks

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Do you have Michael Murry's BEYOND ESP decks?

They will take you to all kinds of fun places.

I'm not fond of ESP type routines, but that's just me. The system Michael has worked out however, is great PROVIDED you have excellent eye-sight. The "gimmick" to the cards is so subtle that most of us older guys have serious problems taking advantage of it (I've heard countless sad tales).

I would also suggest a piece call FT CELLULAR. . . I haven't any details on this, it was sent to me by an obscure source and I can't find it by name anywhere. HINT: look at your iPhone layout or just think about the classic "generic" icons used in today's world; you have a Star that denotes your Favorites - and X for Delete - Wavy Lines to note "Signal" -- a CD for Music and a Square Envelope for Mail. . . think about this, it can be used in numerous ways.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Do you have Michael Murry's BEYOND ESP decks?

They will take you to all kinds of fun places.

I'm not fond of ESP type routines, but that's just me. The system Michael has worked out however, is great PROVIDED you have excellent eye-sight. The "gimmick" to the cards is so subtle that most of us older guys have serious problems taking advantage of it (I've heard countless sad tales).

I would also suggest a piece call FT CELLULAR. . . I haven't any details on this, it was sent to me by an obscure source and I can't find it by name anywhere. HINT: look at your iPhone layout or just think about the classic "generic" icons used in today's world; you have a Star that denotes your Favorites - and X for Delete - Wavy Lines to note "Signal" -- a CD for Music and a Square Envelope for Mail. . . think about this, it can be used in numerous ways.
Thanks Craig, I'll look into it.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Sorry Toby...I do not have any ESP routines to help you out with. I used to perform a stage version but for whatever reason it didn't hit very hard and didn't fit my character so I ditched it.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
If you have a table wake up Dr Rhine by Looch is one odd the nicest routines of the sort. It only uses 10 cards which don't need to be marked and the only move is fairly easy

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results