Ever Think of Making a Schedule...

May 31, 2008
Well, I've been sick that last three days. (This is probably the worst cold I've ever had.) Obviously I've had a lot of time to practice, so I thought I share with you a little schedule I made for practicing certain sleights and effects.

11:30-12:00: ACR (Double lifts, and other ways of controlling a card)

1:30-2:00: Coin Magic (I'm mainly working on ThreeFry right now)

2:00-3:00: Effects I'm working on (that don't fit into the card and coin categories)

3:00-3:15: Card sleights (Mainly Elmesley count right now)

3:30-3:45: More Coin Magic

6:00-9:00: The Classic Pass

This sort of is a crazy idea, but I think it will help me, and I thought it might help others as well. The only way to get better is to practice, and you might as well know what you're going to practice.

I don't need you guys to bash me and tell me that this a dumb idea, it works for me, and if you don't like it you don't have to do it.

I hope this helps some people.

When I get better I'll add time to Go_Out.Perform.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I don't get much time for magic practice (About 2 - 3hours tops per day), I cycle alot and things revolve around that. I'll have even less time for magic when I start learning BJJ. I probably will have a schedule when I finish all my College Exams. I also think a schedule is a good thing to have, it keeps you on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 14, 2008
I think it's a great opportunity to set up the schedule and what goals that you want to achieve. For me, I am really busy with the high school exams (exams finish this Friday) and then summer is here which is a great time for me to learn new sleights.

Mar 2, 2008
Ehhh

I like it.. and don't..

I think it's important to have time set aside for pratcing but i think you should be praticing slights and other tricks (scipts also) that really need pratcing.

May 31, 2008
I like it.. and don't..

I think it's important to have time set aside for pratcing but i think you should be praticing slights and other tricks (scipts also) that really need pratcing.

I have a list of stuff needs extra practice, it's actually in my signature. I'm getting a lot better at ThreeFRy by the way.

amkov

Elite Member
i find it pretty cool that u made a schedule for ur magic practicing...
im the kind of person that likes to know what he's doin so i dont waste time...
if u being ill gave u a lot of time to practice, i should start workin on a sickness spell so i can practice my magic :D
good luck with that m8, feel better :)

May 31, 2008
i find it pretty cool that u made a schedule for ur magic practicing...
im the kind of person that likes to know what he's doin so i dont waste time...
if u being ill gave u a lot of time to practice, i should start workin on a sickness spell so i can practice my magic :D
good luck with that m8, feel better :)

Thanks, and you don't need a potion, just hang out in a preschool for a little while. They never wash their hands.

Well, I've been sick that last three days. (This is probably the worst cold I've ever had.) Obviously I've had a lot of time to practice, so I thought I share with you a little schedule I made for practicing certain sleights and effects.

11:30-12:00: ACR (Double lifts, and other ways of controlling a card)

1:30-2:00: Coin Magic (I'm mainly working on ThreeFry right now)

2:00-3:00: Effects I'm working on (that don't fit into the card and coin categories)

3:00-3:15: Card sleights (Mainly Elmesley count right now)

3:30-3:45: More Coin Magic

6:00-9:00: The Classic Pass

This sort of is a crazy idea, but I think it will help me, and I thought it might help others as well. The only way to get better is to practice, and you might as well know what you're going to practice.

I don't need you guys to bash me and tell me that this a dumb idea, it works for me, and if you don't like it you don't have to do it.

I hope this helps some people.

When I get better I'll add time to Go_Out.Perform.
i don't make schedules like that..but i do make em....usually my sceds have to do with what i will perform and where....

i practice my effects according to who and when i'm doing it.....

but i guess thats just me...

May 31, 2008
New Schedule...

I have edited my schedule, because I wasn't satisfied with it:

11:00am - 12:00n:
Card Magic

1:00pm - 1:30pm: "ThreeFry" by Chris Kenner

1:30pm - 1:45pm:
"Torn" by Daniel Garcia

1:45pm - 2:00pm:
"Redline" by Dan Hauss

2:00pm - 2:15pm: "Twisting the Aces" by Dai Vernon

3:00pm - 4:00pm: Card Magic

5:00pm - 6:00pm: The Classic Pass

8:00pm - 10:00pm: The Classic Pass

I only follow this schedule when I'm not performing, or not out doing something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some thing that can be a fun way to practice

Here is a technique I use and have for about 4 years now. I took an old bike deck and wrote 1 sleight or trick on the back of each card. I would turn the deck face up and faro and then overhand shuffle and cut the deck twice. Then you turn over the deck and execute whatever the sleight is on top

example:
deck says "pass" as the top card
execute a pass
The new top card says "Top Change" take the card and Top Change it etc.

It keeps my practice time interesting and allows me to keep all my skills sharp.

I will list all of the cards tonight when I get home if anyone is interested.

D

Deleted member 2755

I just practice whatever I feel like at the moment.

-Doug

May 31, 2008
Here is a technique I use and have for about 4 years now. I took an old bike deck and wrote 1 sleight or trick on the back of each card. I would turn the deck face up and faro and then overhand shuffle and cut the deck twice. Then you turn over the deck and execute whatever the sleight is on top

example:
deck says "pass" as the top card
execute a pass
The new top card says "Top Change" take the card and Top Change it etc.

It keeps my practice time interesting and allows me to keep all my skills sharp.

I will list all of the cards tonight when I get home if anyone is interested.

That's a really cool idea!

I just practice whatever I feel like at the moment.

-Doug

That wasn't working for me, and please get rid of that new avatar, it's creeping me out!

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
But... but... I like turtles.

lol, zombie kid...
"I Wike Tortles" :p:D

Personally I just been practicing my cull, ever since I was completely fooled by Kostya Kimlat nad the Cullinga Triumph.
I got the Roadrunner Cull and that's taken up most of my practice time, I sooooo want to perform that effect. I'll get there someday :cool:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results