Examinable Bill changes!

Nov 7, 2009
Does anyone know of any Bill changes that can be handed out for examination at the end and are avalible in English money?
If so please list some i really need one!!!

Also on Hand out 500 do you end clean? And is the gimmick easy to make?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2008
Twited by Daniel Garcia. Can be found on his Project vol. 1.

It's single bill change. Can be done with borowed bill. Impromptu. :)

-Motas

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I don't see the point of handing out the money. It just seems like you are feeling really guilty about something, and thus lessens the effect a bit.

People are generally smarter than you think, and can tell the difference between a 1 and 20 or whatever. Plus to them it looks silly when you say 'Want to see the 20's?"

Sep 6, 2009
I like to do a bill change from 1 to 5 bucks and give it to the casher (That's how much a macdonald's meal cost here)

Nov 8, 2007
I don't see the point of handing out the money. It just seems like you are feeling really guilty about something, and thus lessens the effect a bit.

People are generally smarter than you think, and can tell the difference between a 1 and 20 or whatever. Plus to them it looks silly when you say 'Want to see the 20's?"

So you're saying you believe people really think the bills aren't gimmicked or that one has been switched for another? That they really just take the magic as real without any extra conviction needed? Because overcoming laymen's thought that they might be "magic dollar bills" is exactly the point of handing them out. Correct me if I'm missing something in your logic.

Does anyone know of any Bill changes that can be handed out for examination at the end and are avalible in English money?
If so please list some i really need one!!!

Also on Hand out 500 do you end clean? And is the gimmick easy to make?

Here are some recommendations to look into:

Visi-Bill - Richard Sanders
$100 Bill Switch - Mike Kozlowski (check out the book Switch by Jon Lovick. SOOOO good!)
Handout 500 - Steve Haynes

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Honestly, lets think about this. Forget about magic for a second.

If you took a twenty out of your wallet, and someone said that it's not real, would you give it to them for them to see it's real?
No.
Why?
Because it's money, and you're money nonetheless.

So at the end of a bill change like Hundy 500, where you can show front and the backs of the bills; is it really necessary for you to hand all the bills out?
Absolutely not. Seeing is believing.

After they say they want to see the bills, just use a line like, "Yeah I bet you would", and laugh about it.
It's friendly and makes sense. I'd never give my money to a random person I just met, magic or no magic.
Why? because I can't run that fast.:p

There's no need for a handout version of Hundy 500 in my book. But hey, that's just me.

Nov 8, 2007
Seeing is believing.

If only that were true then we would never have to worry about whether our props were examinable or not. Unfortunately, spectators often need a bit more conviction than just taking what they see at face value.

There's a reason David Copperfield brings audience members on stage to examine his props and that David Blaine does most of his magic with borrowed objects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results