eXile by Mathieu Bich

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Awesome. I thought this was a really nice and different effect that didn't center around cards or coins. It was my second favorite effect on Blaine's special. (First was the matchbook.)

I'm buying it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Personally, this effect was love at first sight for me. It's so clean, so simple, so delicate - and hits hard. The reactions in the special were indicative of every performance we've done of eXile since the beginning. Brilliant.

Jul 15, 2008
Just a question for anyone out there who might know the answer...
I'm sure some of you guys were wondering too

Does it have to be X's?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Is this heavily gimmicked, or can it be done with stuff around your house?

David

Everything you need is either included, or easily found around the house. Setup once and you're ready for a LONG time, and you can perform the effect at a moment's notice for months.

I really, really loved how this effect played on television. It was so clean. I remember seeing someone perform a similar feat where an X vanished off his forearm and appeared on the spectator's. I bought a device that can accomplish part of the effect, but the sudden appearances of the X's on the spectator's palm drives the effect to an entirely new level.

Mathieu Bich is a modern-day genius in my opinion. Everything he puts out is so outrageous. So different. This is just another refreshing reminder of his creativity. I like this...

RS.

Sep 1, 2007
Everything you need is either included, or easily found around the house. Setup once and you're ready for a LONG time, and you can perform the effect at a moment's notice for months.

so you're saying that when we get this, it'll just be a DVD without gimmicks included? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but actually a good thing because then I wouldn't have to worry about refills.

Aug 23, 2008
looks great...im always amazed that the simplest ideas, can produce the most amazing effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Totally buying this! Is it a very extensive set-up like TNR? Because in my opinion that was to much. How long does it take to make your first gimmick?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results