Exile

I felt that this trick was not very useful. I also thought it was overpriced. I felt that the "production" was good, but Dan White, who was sweaty, looking at cue cards, really brought a sense of non professionalism to the DVD. I was highly disappointed. The thinking behind the trick was pretty decent but this is pretty hard to get into on the streets. I am sure that some other people may disagree, but this is my review.

I feel that the trick itself gets a 3.5 / 5

But Dan White gets a 2/5

Price: Well that was just way too much! Of course you guys at theory 11 charge an arm and a leg, so I guess that is okay. Sometimes I feel like theory 11 is just Ellusionist with a new name.

Jan 28, 2009
I'm shocked by how badly Exile has gone down. Watching the demo video it's pretty clear that it's not going to be something that can just be done there and then without some presentation, and quite obviously it's going to require some tweaking to get right. I bought it elsewhere, but knew exactly what I was getting myself into. Why are so many people acting surprised by the fact it's not totally easy to perform? I knew this and didn't have any problems. It's like complaining because a flourish is hard!

It also requires a set up which is a pain in the ass, but it's about how you present it. Just because it doesn't involve cards and does involve a gimmick people are like....well it should be easy. BS. Lol. It requires just as much practice and tweaking as any technique in magic to get down. I've only performed it a few times and I have never had a problem with it at all, and have had some hysterical reactions. I've also managed to set it up whilst talking to the person I was performing for and they were clueless.

This is not a bad trick. It's hard, it's a bit irritating and it requires some experimentation to get right, but it's not a -bad- trick at all. Just find someone that doesn't mind repeatedly being drawn on and practice on them constantly, and tweak the gimmick and it'll give you some good results. You also need some ridiculous patter to present the set up reasonably. No one has ever called me out on the set up. The only thing I didn't like is how sensitive you have to be in handling the coin, but, I've seen it done by a friend of mine where he somehow manages to toss the coin and still have it work. That fooled me utterly, and I'm not quite sure how the heck he did it. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2008
many people purchased it bcoz david blaine did it.DB can pull it off as he eats,sleeps and drinks magic.Exile is tough!

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Dan white is just monotone.Theres no cue cards.
As for your 'review' ,I couldnt really consider it one.
Could you go more indepth of the cons?or pros,if you see any?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results