eXile

Hey

I recently bought eXile and I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions who have the DVD.

Do you feel that eXile is a practical effect?
How often do you perform it?
Is there certain situations/environments you prefer to perform it in?
Do you use a white eraser or red one like it came with?
Anything else you can think of?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 10, 2008
I'll tell you what, I do not regret buying the trick at all. It's a unique concept by a very obscure and creative artist. However, I personally have never performed this simply because I cannot make the gimmick well. I've tried at least 10 times to make it to no avail, before I ran out of the materials to make it. :D

If I could succeed in making a suitable gimmick to perform with, it could be pretty practical. How's your gimmick coming along?

Sep 4, 2009
I hate to say it, but i regret buying it. I mean the effect is really cool, and the method is really cool, but i find it to be incredibly impractical. There are two things you have to set up right before you do the trick, which takes about 1 minute. But thats actually a really long time. I do magic when people ask me, and if i have to go in a corner and tell them to wait, tha's just not my type of trick. So that's just my opinion, i mean if setting it up right before performing doesn't bother you, then get it.

However, there is another problem. I erase the first x perfectly, the second one pretty good, but yb the third x, i can't do it. I dont have the "stuff" on my fingers anymore. I've tried using only 2 x-es, but theres still another problem; they don't come out well on the spectators hands. So, i want t o perform it, but it just doesn't work well for me.

Jul 7, 2008
i think by the most people the x´s don't come out well on the spectators hands. so for my opinion it is inpractical.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
I wouldn't say the trick is impractical but it's not a very safe trick to do. By that I mean you run a high risk of getting caught if you don't control the situation. True the gimmick is a little tricky to make just right and there is a little set up involved but it can be done in front of the spectator and that's covered in the DVD. This certainly is not a trick you can carry around and perform for just anyone. You need to be able to read your audience and know if you are going to be able to pull it off. There's a time and place for every trick and if you have a rather grabby/unruley spectator then don't perform this trick for them. The risk level is high but so is the payoff.

Cheers!

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
I try not to be negative about tricks that I buy, in fact, there isn't a lot that I can say bad stuff about.

Now I'm not saying that this is a bad effect. It's very unique and clever. I don't however, think that it's practical. I obviously brought it because it looked amazing. I just hoped that the method would be slightly more workable than it was.

Jan 10, 2008
This trick is definitely not an impromptu trick, but I still think it's great. As soon as I finish with the gimmick, it's on! I agree that it is not entirely practical. I call tricks like this, an "opportune" effect. You simply just have to use your head a little to improve the set-up of the trick.
I had made so far one significant change to the set-up of the trick. I just can't wait to test this out on the public.

This trick is definitely not an impromptu trick, but I still think it's great. As soon as I finish with the gimmick, it's on! I agree that it is not entirely practical. I call tricks like this, an "opportune" effect. You simply just have to use your head a little to improve the set-up of the trick.
I had made so far one significant change to the set-up of the trick. I just can't wait to test this out on the public.

I agree it is an opportunity effect as you must decide the right moment for it to be performed.
I have pmed you about your 'significant' change of the setup =]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results