Faces on the Guardian cards?

Sep 2, 2007
dude, ALL of E decks top them, they all have a thicker stock and a better finish, i ordered the gaurdians but i dont like what ive seen so far, like, black backs and white fronts, and aside from the ace the fronts are normal? the only cool thing about them is the box, i will have them as part of collection but would not use them for magic

lol your joking right?

Thick stock is bad.

UV 500 just means it works in blacklight i think hence "UV" - "ultra violate"

EVERY LAYMEN thinks E decks are gimmicked weather they say it or not.

They fan in chunks after a 10 minute use.Even if you dont use it for a year.

They look like crap after you use it for more than a month.

Who would use E deck for magic over normal looking cards !!!! are you serious I wanted to hurt someone when I read that .You know nothing about magic Just don't talk.

Dont use words like stock and finish! YOU know NOTHING about whats good for either one of them.

Sep 2, 2007
actually...Not all of E-decks are special...the old decks are normal bike finish... (If you want, I can give you proof) and ALL of E's decks are re-colours. NOTHING MORE! ghosts are just a black and white deck with a nice Ace of spades. Black tigers are just reverse ghosts. The guys at theory eleven have xreated a deck with the normal finish, and actually put work into the cards, instead of just re-colouring them.

Personally I prefer the Bicycle Stock to Ellusionists UV500, and I wouldn't make judgements on the stock until you've tried them out, the design is a matter of opinion, I personally LOVE them, and the faces aren't normal on all, they have a more intense blue and red, and i'm pretty sure all color has been removed except blue, black and red, not to mention the Guardian Angel jokers! Once again you are entitled to an opinion and I respect that, that's just mine :).

I aggree.
I love the way these things look! I am definitely wishing they were UV finish just because I love the way they fan and spread.
But they look sick, I'm definitely getting some.

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
Hey, since they've made a deck themed with guardian angels, maybe they can make one with devils next. I think that would look cool too.

This is a really good idea! It would have been nice to have decks of competing "ideologies". :cool: I guess many forumers would be interested in this. Just like the Bicycle "2008 election edition", with different backs for republicans and democrats, which is coming soon. :)

Sep 2, 2007
actually...Not all of E-decks are special...the old decks are normal bike finish... (If you want, I can give you proof) and ALL of E's decks are re-colours. NOTHING MORE! ghosts are just a black and white deck with a nice Ace of spades. Black tigers are just reverse ghosts. The guys at theory eleven have xreated a deck with the normal finish, and actually put work into the cards, instead of just re-colouring them.

Okay then why don't you open a sealed tiger and a sealed deck of bikes and put them next to each other.E decks ARE SOO thick. theres just discusting in my opinion.Not good for magic at all.

From what I've heard, they (Guardians) have the same stock and finish as normal bikes...but I could be wrong, don't take my word for it.

I personally do not like any E decks, with the exception of the Black Tigers (I have to, Michael Kelly [MAK] designed and created them. LOL!)(and he's a good friend of mine).

I hate the thick stock on the E deck, as it makes sleights feel more bulky. If I had to pick my favorite deck from E, it would be the 1800 series. Even though they fan like sandpaper, they're pleasing to the eye and fun to play with.

The Guardians look like nice cards, and from what I've seen have a nice contrast to them with the white boarder. They look more like cards you'd buy from a store (such as hot topic) due to the white stock on the faces and border.

I'd be more willing to perform with these as opposed to any E deck, just becase of the regular stock...

Just my thoughts.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
throughout reading this i saw that a shadow masters was discussed? Anyone have a link to these? Ive never heard of them. Oh and something about an ultra gaff?

Shadow masters is a new style of deck, presumably being released soon, there are pictures of them over at ellusionist, but I won't go into that in respect of Theory 11 :).

Steve:

I totally agree, I never perform with any E deck, and I also prefer normal Bikes.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
We put an enormous amount of effort in attending to every detail about the deck. Of course, the feel and finish was of utmost importance to us. The deck is NOT a thick one. Personally in performing, I've always preferred the thickness of standard Bicycle decks-- no thicker, no thinner. And it was our intention to hit that right on target with the Guardians, all the while using the best quality card stock and Bicycle's signature, tried and tested finish.

The feel is incredible. Another point that we totally forgot to mention is that this is one of the first decks produced by the US Playing Card Company on a MATTE box. This makes the black finish of the box much less glossy, and in turn gives the deck much more of a classy, modern, high-end aesthetic. Definitely makes a huge difference.

We put an enormous amount of effort in attending to every detail about the deck. Of course, the feel and finish was of utmost importance to us. The deck is NOT a thick one. Personally in performing, I've always preferred the thickness of standard Bicycle decks-- no thicker, no thinner. And it was our intention to hit that right on target with the Guardians, all the while using the best quality card stock and Bicycle's signature, tried and tested finish.

The feel is incredible. Another point that we totally forgot to mention is that this is one of the first decks produced by the US Playing Card Company on a MATTE box. This makes the black finish of the box much less glossy, and in turn gives the deck much more of a classy, modern, high-end aesthetic. Definitely makes a huge difference.

They are perfect except for one thing...the white borders. Im not saying their a problem, hell no, but in my opinion i think they would look alot cooler if it were black. And yes i know your intention was for it to help with double lifts, and the all black woould work just as well. Just my thought

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
We put an enormous amount of effort in attending to every detail about the deck. Of course, the feel and finish was of utmost importance to us. The deck is NOT a thick one. Personally in performing, I've always preferred the thickness of standard Bicycle decks-- no thicker, no thinner.
I agree. I've always preferred the thinner Bicycle stock. Near perfect right out of the box. Makes everything much easier in performance.

...and I have a completely biased opinion. So ignore this message. ;)

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
I heard that Kenner mentioned them as liking to the Split Spades.

If anyone could have said anything to convince me, it was that. I love the Split Spades deck so much, there is just something about them.

I will definately get some guardians when I can afford them ( I live in NZ, everything is more expensive and shipping is incredibly expensive )

Sep 4, 2007
wow..the guardians are sooo crazily coool.

cant wait to get my hands on some.

i may even change from using my tally-hos and vipers, just because the back design looks sooo sexy.

will ny uncut sheets be sold?? like with the black tiger decks at E.
i like uncut sheets, they look cool :D, well in my opinion lol

oh. and another question.
does nyone know whether the guardians fit in a normal porper clip, or do u need the larger ones designed for black decks??

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, ALL of E decks top them, they all have a thicker stock and a better finish, i ordered the gaurdians but i dont like what ive seen so far, like, black backs and white fronts, and aside from the ace the fronts are normal? the only cool thing about them is the box, i will have them as part of collection but would not use them for magic

I don't understand how irregular you people want the faces? Most faces have a 4 of diamonds, an 8 of clubs... Sometimes even a 6 of spades, why do they have to be special? The black backs with white fronts look great. I don't understand why these wouldn't be great. Besides, it's not like this is the only custom deck they're going to come out with. They have a whole section named Playing Cards... In conclusion, not only are the Guardians a great start, we know they aren't even getting started yet.

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
yeah, hope T11 is going to make more custom decks because Guardians are something completely new and ground breaking...
i gonna buy a brick if the Guardians are available in Germany,so Mr. Bayme please let magic shops in germany get them fast.btw i know you are already in touch with them ;-)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
As promised. Just snapped these first thing this morning...
_

Attachments

• DSC_0104_1.jpg
    DSC_0104_1.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_0105_1.jpg
    DSC_0105_1.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0106_1.jpg
    DSC_0106_1.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_0114_1.jpg