Faces on the Guardian cards?

These look AMAZING. They feel extremely slick-- and they fan incredibly. We were extremely particular in what kind of card stock was used, what kind of finish was applied, etc. We did extensive testing to make sure we got it just right.

With regard to the design of the faces: the Ace of Spades has the Bicycle Guardian spade on the front, and the Jokers have the Guardian Angel on them. All of the backs have white borders at the suggestion of CK and Lee for ease of use in effects (doubles, etc).

The rest of the cards are similar to normal Bicycle faces, with the exception of the coloring. We chose slightly darker shades of red for the red hearts and diamonds (only 3 shades darker), and darker shades of blue for the blue accents of the royal cards (a navy blue). We took out all of the yellow on the royal cards. This gives the cards a more modern, current aesthetic. Will take some more pictures of them and post in this thread soon.

Oh.. and the box... oh my god. My favorite part of the deck. Wait till you see it.

cool thanks i was wondering what they looked like i ordered 6 and i wasnt sure what the faces look like but ur descristion sounds amazing good luck with theory 11 in the future

Sep 2, 2007
Yeah I stumbled on this site out of curiousity from another place (won't mention who...) got a look at these and was amazed these look awesome I may just order a 6 pack, gotta have some of these :)

Sep 2, 2007
These cards look sweet. And I'm glad you guys aren't pulling what another site pulls with thier decks (Not saying who...just that they produced some of Wayne's DVD's) anyways, what they did was brag about a finish, and sold the cards at like ten bucks a pop! then they came out with a new deck, same price, but classic bike finish and didn't tell many people. The deck looked old etc, but not overall nice. I'm pretty sure you guys know what I'm talking asbout now :p

I'm very happy that theory 11 is releasing a nice looking deck, with the normal finish, for less than a dollar more than a regular deck! Thanks guys!

Dizzi

P.S.: Thanks for making a deck, rather than just a recolor of the bioke-design.

Sep 2, 2007
they'll probabaly only be sold at thoery11. I want to orer mine now and hope they'll become as valuable as the black ghost. but does anyone know what shipping costs?

Sep 2, 2007
Go to the shopping cart and scroll down. Enter your Zip/postal code and then country and it will calculate the shipping costs/.

Sep 2, 2007
Will the guardians ever be sold at local magic shops, or are they exclusive to Theory 11 only?

If a local magic shop decides to serve as a "Featured Retailer" for theory11, thereby buying Guardians and/or other products from t11, and reselling them, then yes they will be sold at local magic shops.

can someone give me the link to a pic of the shadow masters?
The shadow masters aren't affiliated to or being sold by theory11. They are exclusive to E, so you might want to check its site and/or forums.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Even though they're regular, doesn't mean they don't have a hardcoreness to them. The Shadow Masters will have to be pretty intense to top these!

dude, ALL of E decks top them, they all have a thicker stock and a better finish, i ordered the gaurdians but i dont like what ive seen so far, like, black backs and white fronts, and aside from the ace the fronts are normal? the only cool thing about them is the box, i will have them as part of collection but would not use them for magic

Sep 1, 2007
dude, ALL of E decks top them, they all have a thicker stock and a better finish, i ordered the gaurdians but i dont like what ive seen so far, like, black backs and white fronts, and aside from the ace the fronts are normal? the only cool thing about them is the box, i will have them as part of collection but would not use them for magic

Personally I prefer the Bicycle Stock to Ellusionists UV500, and I wouldn't make judgements on the stock until you've tried them out, the design is a matter of opinion, I personally LOVE them, and the faces aren't normal on all, they have a more intense blue and red, and i'm pretty sure all color has been removed except blue, black and red, not to mention the Guardian Angel jokers! Once again you are entitled to an opinion and I respect that, that's just mine :).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results