Fallen by Daniel Garcia

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone.

I was thinking about geting Daniel garcias trick fallen but i have a question. It says done at eye level, does it have to be? im a female and im quit short so it would look kinda wierd if i have to hold the deck over my head to get to the spectators eye level.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello everyone.

I was thinking about geting Daniel garcias trick fallen but i have a question. It says done at eye level, does it have to be? im a female and im quit short so it would look kinda wierd if i have to hold the deck over my head to get to the spectators eye level.

I do it around my chest level, and I stand back a bit if I mam surrounded, the angles of the trick are suprisingly good, you should have no problem figuring out the angles.

This is a great effect and just curious, are you using this as a closer to an ACR or just a stand alone trick?

StormShadow

Banned
Jan 18, 2008
Great to see a female here in the forums!!! I don't see a real big problem with the height issue. It is angle sensitive but you can pretty much hide the angles. You do need to have it at about chest level, or just a tad lower...depending on your actual height. I have performed this at the end of my ACR and have gotten great results. If you are looking for something at the end of your ACR this is it. If your looking for a stand alone effect...this isnt it.

Dec 14, 2007
There are many moves where you want the spectator to be looking straight on at the deck.

Tall people work for short and vice versa. When you angle on a move is important, raising your hands up or down doesn't have to be (and often isn't) the best solution. Instead , try tilting the deck so they can only see what you need them to see

Imagine there are threads coming out of their eyes. Where do these threads hit? if you tilt back end of the deck downward, they will not be able to see anything going on behind it.

Being tall, when working for people seated or shorter people, I need to tilt the front of the deck forward towards the floor to cover some moves. I do NOT lift or lower my hands.

Now, I do not own Fallen, so the "tilting" solution may not work depending on what you have to do for that trick to work. But, it's a good toolbox to keep in your bag for times when you might need it.

But regardless, always remember that you should NEVER perform a trick if you don't feel the situation will allow you to do it to the best of your ability. You don't have anything to prove. And while you might be chomping at the bit to show off your new trick, if the trick is worth it, then it should be worth waiting until the right time and place that you can do it justice. In the long run, people will think more highly of you and your work.

Brad Henderson

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
same here, nothing against DG his tricks are great and i think hes hilarious but im just not a fan of this trick, it doesnt work for me.....

now if they made an S.W. elevator 1on1....;)

:D

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
First off:

Where do you people get off on this kind of thing seriously? 'I don't own it but I'll pass judgement on it because I "know" the method and don't perform it.'. Sorry but I just can't see how anyone can make a proper statement on something they don't actually know about. :rolleyes:

Second:

I think Fallen is a pretty cool trick, eh rises a card and doesn't afraid of anything.

But seriously, the method behind it is devious and simple in its nature BUT it does look great given the practice and effort put in that all tricks do. Sure it can be a little angle sensitive if you're not careful, but a lot of things are. Fallen is one of those effects which you save for special moments where you think your audience would really enjoy it - don't take it for granted and force it on people, you'll be disappointed when they don't react.

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results