Fallen

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Who has fallen and do you like it? I bought it the other day and it is GREAT I highly reccommend

It's not really my kind of thing. I don't know. I mean I love the effect, I just don't like the method all that much. :(

But I mean it is a pretty cool trick though.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I like most of Garcias stuff. However, when I saw Fallen, it seemed obvious. I thought I was wrong. I bought it and...yup, was what it seemed. This should not have been its own DVD. Moreso, I've found it doesn't work well with anything other than a new deck. Maybe it's just me.

-ThrallMind

Feb 26, 2008
I've got it but i dont really like it. Its meant to be a good end to an ambitious card routine but i find that the pop up move or a marlo tilt gets much better reactions. That being said, i still thing Daniel Garcia is a creative genius.

Dec 13, 2007
i love it... there is a limit as to how visual an impromptu trick can be... i'd say fallen is on that line, or at least near it (next to change) ... it really does look like the cards "melts" to the top of the deck. however the thing that really disappointed me was the fact that the angles a bit more limited that i would like...but it is PERFECT of one on one magic or for small groups

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I like most of Garcias stuff. However, when I saw Fallen, it seemed obvious. I thought I was wrong. I bought it and...yup, was what it seemed. This should not have been its own DVD. Moreso, I've found it doesn't work well with anything other than a new deck. Maybe it's just me.

-ThrallMind

Oh don't worry, you're not the only one. I've tryed this many times with a used deck and it just doesn't work well at all.

Mar 22, 2008
New York
In regards to Fallen, yes, the angles can be a bit sensitive. However, I have performed it with used cards fine. When performing it, play around with how much pressure you give the deck, as this will greatly affect the ease and smoothness of the effect. I can see how this effect is not for everyone due to the angles, but this is a very visual effect, especially for using no gimmicks and without set-up. I find the last move is the hardest for me. Just my 2 cents.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I don't have Fallen. But it sucks. Method is very obvious (I haven't seen a live performance, so I don't know how spectators take it) and it can be performed to one person only. What's the idea of supervisual Ambitious Card if the effect is visible to one person only?

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I know! So much for visualness. The only way that it's visual is if you can somehow glue your one spectator to the spot and have the deck directed straight at them.. or in other words, it's best done on camera.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Hmm, that glue idea is great! Maybe you could play with it a little, and then release "Fallen has Raised", a pdf that teaches how to take most out of your worst buy ever! And cost is merely 15$!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results