False In The Hands Riffle

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Can someone list a couple of false in-the-hands riffle shuffles.

I'm not sure if there are a lot of these or a handful but i know of:

The Real Green shuffle
The other one Lennart uses (false angle?)
One taught by Oz Pearlman in Emerge Triumphant

Any others?

Sep 1, 2007
Benjamin Earl has a great false riffle shuffle in his 3 set dvd call past midnight which can be purchase Here It is in disc 2 gambling. The shuffle is known as the grey shuffle. I highly recommend that you buy the set. There are a lot of amazing effects on the set. Plus his stoke change is awesome.
Cheers
Andrew

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Thanks everyone, i've actually been looking into getting Past Midnight as ive heard a lot of good stuff about it. Pretty expensive though.

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
I highly recommend Eric Anderson's "Shufflesque" from his and David Harkey's book "AH-HA". It's been my staple in-the-hands riffle shuffle for the past decade.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Benjamin Earl's Grey Shuffle is extremely deceptive when performed smoothly and quickly, but it's so hard. If you want to put a lot of practice into it, then by all means pick up Past Midnight, it is an excellent set. If you are looking for something a bit easier, try playing around with the Zarrow Shuffle. It's pretty much false, and can be with a small move. Also, I easily adapted it for in the hands, so give it a try.

David

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Harry Lorayne's 'riffle diffle' is very deceptive, and quite simple. It relies more on Rhythm than a difficult sleight.

I learned it from Harry's column in Genii about a year ago, perhaps.

CL

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
Again, I'd say check out Eric's. You'll have it down with a modicum of practice. Easy to do, sure-fire, in-the-hands riffle with bridge.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Eric's looks very good when performed well, but I REALLY struggle with the strip-out for the cut, y'know (trying to be suitably vague). If you have any tips, I'd love to hear 'em!

Drop me a PM, maybe.

Thanks dudes!

CL

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I really like the look of the third psychological disc on Past Midnight, some nice effects it seems.

The Heinstein shuffle needs a lot of practice and seems awkward at first. Thats what ive heard anyway.

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Guy Hollingworth has one that I love on his routines dvd. He uses it followed by a table cut but I use it with a single undercut looks pretty good and easy

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results