Famous quotes for your signature...

I don't know how many people this will interest but I have revently found many quotes from magicians or that can apply to magicians and would like to share them with you. Some of them are mine and some are from guys on t11 forums. Credit will be given to whomevers I use. Also, feel free to copy and paste these as your signature.

1: "Logic will take you from A to B... Immagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

2: “Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3: "The average man is not hard to mystify." - Howard Thurston.

4: "Fire has always been and, seemingly, will always remain, the most terrible of the elements. " - Harry Houdini

5: "Confusion isn't magic" - Dai Vernon

6: "What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Harry Houdini

7: "Uri Geller may have psychic powers by means of which he can bend a spoon; if so, he appears to be doing it the hard way." - James Randi

8: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

9: "There is only one difference between a mad man and me. A mad man thinks he is sane. I know I am mad." - Dali

10: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo Da Vinci

11: "A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own." - Ninja (member of t11)

12: " That is not dead, which can eternal lie, And with strange eons, even death may die." - Steerpike (member of T11) as well as "The Nameless City" of H.P. Lovecraft.

13: "Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old with 15 years of practice." - Harry Blackstone jr.

14: " When someone runs away screaming after a performance, take it as a compliment." - Dylan P. (me.) ( T11 member.)

15: " The mind enjoys learning, but it enjoys being fooled even more." - Dylan P. ( me.) (T11 member)

16: "I just want real reactions. I want people to laugh from the gut, be sad from the gut-or get angry from the gut." - Andy Kaufman as well as Longman (T11 member)

17: "What's real? What's not? That's what I do in my act, test how other people deal with reality." - Andy Kaufman as well as Longman (T11 member)

18: "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." --Groucho Marx as well as Longman (T11 member)

19: "The chance of the bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet." - Cklam (T11 member) as well as From Murphy's law

20: "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger as well as Josh Clarke (T11 member).

21: "There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased that line." - Oscar Levent as well as Thrallmind (T11 member)

22: “We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.” Calvin and Hobbs as well as Thrallmind (T11 member)

23: "For the love of God! You finally ram that deck of cards into your CD player and the shuffle button stops working!" - Greg Cochrane as well as Rebelaces (T11 MODERATOR) and Conjure_pitch (T11 member)

25: "Mundus Vult Decipi, Ergo Decipiatur." TRANSLATION: (the world wants to be deceived (invites deception), so let it be deceived.) - From Daniel Madison's Tattoo as well as 13ofspadez (T11 member.)

26: "In the right hands, 52 pieces of paper can become pure magic." - hijackedmagic (T11 member)

27: "As long as there is one person who still enjoys magic, then magic shall not fall." -- me. Dylan P. (T11 member)

28: "Use your head!" -- Dai Vernon as well as ..:Z:.. ( T11 member)

29: " The honor in battle is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastards die for theirs." -- General Patent as well as Dylan P. (T11 member. ME.)

I will edit this when I come by more or when I think of more of my own. Any that you think are worthy of this list you should either post below or even better, PM me and I will decide if I should put them on the list. They can be a famous magicians or a forum members or your own. Just write who's quote it is so I can give credit and if you don't know write unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 8, 2008
nice list
i recommend adding one from AoA by Paul Harris i think :p
something about how the art of illusion uncovers the true magic of astonishment =)

Aug 31, 2007
my sig is actually the full statement of the tattoo on Daniel Madison's arm, which is where you may have seen it.

Mundus Vult Decipi, Ergo Decipiatur
(the world wants to be deceived (invites deception), so let it be deceived

ascribed to Petronius.

Click here for more information.

Sep 1, 2007
Has anyone noticed that comedians usually say some very relevant things? Take a look at Andy Kaufman.

"I just want real reactions. I want people to laugh from the gut, be sad from the gut-or get angry from the gut."

"What's real? What's not? That's what I do in my act, test how other people deal with reality."

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
I don't know how many people this will interest but I have revently found many quotes from magicians or that can apply to magicians and would like to share them with you. Some of them are mine and some are from guys on t11 forums. Credit will be given to whomevers I use. Also, feel free to copy and paste these as your signature.

1: "Logic will take you from A to B... Immagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

2: “Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3: "The average man is not hard to mystify." - Howard Thurston.

4: "Fire has always been and, seemingly, will always remain, the most terrible of the elements. " - Harry Houdini

5: "Confusion isn't magic" - Dai Vernon

6: "What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Harry Houdini

7: "Uri Geller may have psychic powers by means of which he can bend a spoon; if so, he appears to be doing it the hard way." - James Randi

8: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

9: "There is only one difference between a mad man and me. A mad man thinks he is sane. I know I am mad." - Dali

10: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo Da Vinci

11: "A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own." - Ninja (member of t11)

12: " That is not dead, which can eternal lie, And with strange eons, even death may die." - Steerpike (member of T11)

13: "Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old with 15 years of practice." - Harry Blackstone jr.

14: " When someone runs away screaming after a performance, take it as a compliment." - Dylan P. (me.)

15: " The mind enjoys learning, but it enjoys being fooled even more." - Dylan P. ( me.)

I will edit this when I come by more or when I think of more of my own. Any that you think are worthy of this list you should either post below or even better, PM me and I will decide if I should put them on the list. They can be a famous magicians or a forum members or your own. Just write who's quote it is so I can give credit and if you don't know write unknown.

By the way, the quote " That is not dead, which can eternal lie, And with strange eons, even death may die." is from "The Nameless City" of H.P. Lovecraft.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
"There is only one difference between a mad man and me. A mad man thinks he is sane. I know I am mad." - Dali

w00t, my signature made it there :p

Another favorite is "There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased that line."

Ya know who has some great quotes? Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes.

Two of which (and more) happen to relate to magic:

"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

and

“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.”

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results