Fan Control

Nov 19, 2008
So...the 1 on 1 for the fan control. is it as clean and good as it sounds? Is it actually easy to do? Any things that might not make it worth buying? thanks

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Well it's a great control and well worth its price ONLY IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER TO CARD MAGIC. Sorry, i had to emphasize that. If you've been into card magic for a while you will easily be able to figure out this control. The concept has been taught in many books such as RRTCM and Expert Card Technique. So if you're a beginner, go for it. Its in my top 5 control that i use. But if you've been into card magic for a while, then dont get it. Or else you'll be slapping yourself in the face saying "Why the $%^$ didn't I think of that?!?"

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
oh yes I love it!!

It's pretty much 99.99% clean there is just one little "messy" thing that no one will notice. I've never gotten caught by it. But the first few times performing it, it'll bug the crud out of you and you'll kinda feel uneasy and guilty.

But don't worry about it, within like .89 seconds you can fix that "messy" problem.:p

Feb 1, 2008
Well it's a great control and well worth its price ONLY IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER TO CARD MAGIC. Sorry, i had to emphasize that. If you've been into card magic for a while you will easily be able to figure out this control. The concept has been taught in many books such as RRTCM and Expert Card Technique. So if you're a beginner, go for it. Its in my top 5 control that i use. But if you've been into card magic for a while, then dont get it. Or else you'll be slapping yourself in the face saying "Why the $%^$ didn't I think of that?!?"
I am curious, what are the other favorite controls you use?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I am curious, what are the other favorite controls you use?

1. Double Undercut (mostly cuz i'm too lazy to do anything else)
2. Cascade Control (For people who have seen my tricks alot and get the basic idea of the Double undercut)
3. Cherry Control (see above)
4. Diagonal left palm (for a serious heckler)
5. Fan Control (also for serious hecklers)

They aren't in any order, there really isnt one i use more than the other. I just vary them depending on the situation. Hope that helps!

Feb 1, 2008
1. Double Undercut (mostly cuz i'm too lazy to do anything else)
2. Cascade Control (For people who have seen my tricks alot and get the basic idea of the Double undercut)
3. Cherry Control (see above)
4. Diagonal left palm (for a serious heckler)
5. Fan Control (also for serious hecklers)

They aren't in any order, there really isnt one i use more than the other. I just vary them depending on the situation. Hope that helps!
Yeah, thanks a lot. I am learning the Cascade and Cherry controls now, I am glad that you use them often. One control I very often use, and which is very simple, is the Losing control by Lee Asher :)

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Yeah, thanks a lot. I am learning the Cascade and Cherry controls now, I am glad that you use them often. One control I very often use, and which is very simple, is the Losing control by Lee Asher :)

Well i looked up that control after you said that and.... WTF?!? ITS $25.00?!?!

Jeez thats pretty expensive. Could you post a performance video or a review or something? cuz i can't find any on the web. It sounds like a good control though.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Wow, that was nice AJ.

Anyways... what have those links got to do with the Fan Control or the Losing Control (which is what the guy was after by the way; it's a good job you read the thread properly before posting the link ;))

- Sean

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Wow, that was nice AJ.

Anyways... what have those links got to do with the Fan Control or the Losing Control (which is what the guy was after by the way; it's a good job you read the thread properly before posting the link ;))

- Sean

The post he quoted involved The Cascade Control, The Cherry Control, and some other control. So I just took a shot in the dark. So shut up, Sean.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Reading the rest of his posts in this thread would've directed you towards the fact he's quite conscious of the Cascade and Cherry Control... You're not an idiot so I won't tease but I think you'll find that Leaves us with the losing control.

It wouldn't have taken much to make sure you know what you're posting rather than taking "a shot in the dark" and then being unhelpfully sarcastic towards another member who may possibly have been quoting you.

I don't know what's got into you recently, but I really don't like it.

- Sean

Feb 1, 2008
Well i looked up that control after you said that and.... WTF?!? ITS $25.00?!?!

Jeez thats pretty expensive. Could you post a performance video or a review or something? cuz i can't find any on the web. It sounds like a good control though.
Well, there is no video of the Losing Control because once you see the control a couple of times on video, you will immediately know how it's done. There is no secret move so to speak (so it is not angle sensitive in that respect), it's more of an optical illusion. Nevertheless, when executed skillfully on live audience, even a couple of times, it will remain undetected. I've heard that Lee showed it to magicians and they couldn't see what's going on at first.

I can describe how it looks to the spectator - you spread the cards and ask them to touch one, they do and you show them their selection, then close the spread. And that's it :)

Technically you can learn the move even if you watch one good performance of the control in slow motion (it requires some practice though to do well). From this point of view, you may feel it's not worth $25. However, the efficiency of the control puts it in my top five controls, so I am happy I bought it and supported Lee for his wonderful idea :) Perhaps Lee could make a download version, it would be much more convenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
Questions

Does the control involve any crimps or marcs in the card/s ?
The spectadors actuallity can shuffle the deck any way/as long they want?
The card can be contrled to another part of the deck instead the bottom?
Hope get answer
thanks

Jot@

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results