Fantastic 4 & 6

Hi Guys,

I have been really interested in the DVD; Distortion by Wayne Houchin. I noticed it came with a Gimmick. Having said that, I managed to get my hands on a gimmick called, "Fantastic 4 & 6" I was told it was exactly the same gimmick at the one used for Distortion. I got it for $9.95 Australian. Really not meaning to be rude here, but by the looks of it was Distortion an original idea?? Don't get me wrong I'm most likely still going to buy the DVD seeing I have something that will teach me how to use the gimmick but I've always thought it was a new and innovative idea.

Anyone else seen or heard of this before??

4and6.jpg

Take Care.

-Justin

Distortion was not an original idea. The Moving Pips gimmick has been around for ages. 'Distortion' is just the name of the trick that Wayne came up with that uses the moving pips gimmick.

Aug 31, 2007
Distortion is not an original idea. It's just using a gimmick that has already existed and Mr Houchin is presenting his routine here...

That said, the gimmick you bought looks like poor quality crap.

- harapan. magic!

...That said, the gimmick you bought looks like poor quality crap.

- harapan. magic!

As I stated, I am still purchasing Distortion. I will however examine the 2 gimmicks and see the quality difference. Apparently (and don't quote me on this) that the gimmick I got for $9.95 was made by the same people who make the Distortion Gimmick that comes with the DVD. I have no beliefs if that is true or not but I'm still interested to see the 2 gimmicks side by side. But thank you for your fast reply.

Have a good day.

-Justin

Apparently (and don't quote me on this) that the gimmick I got for $9.95 was made by the same people who make the Distortion Gimmick that comes with the DVD. I have no beliefs if that is true or not but I'm still interested to see the 2 gimmicks side by side.
Just correcting you on this fact - the Distortion gimmicks are manufactured by Theory11, so your $9.95 gimmick was not made by the same people who make Distortion.

Just correcting you on that fact.

Have a nice day,

Ryan

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Hey Justin,

No Distortion was not an original gimmick, but I can tell you that you can't put a price on Wayne's teaching. The DVD is definitely worth it. If you buy it, I promise you won't be sorry.

-Dan

Sep 2, 2007
theory11 received permission to use the Moving Pips gimmick, with it created a way of handling it, through Distortion:
Hey guys. I appreciate the discussion & search for truth & honesty. The history of the moving pip card is thoroughly explained on the DVD:

The Moving Pip card (the gimmick that makes this possible) has been around since at least the 1970's. It looks like it may have origniated from Japan. It was first done as a stage gag using a jumbo card. In 1980, Michael Ammar was the first (as far as we can tell) to have the moving pip card made with a NORMAL poker sized playing card. In 1981 he published his routine using the card "Visually Yours." Michael graciously contributed his routine to the Distortion project & it is taught & performed as a bonus - on the DVD.

So what is Distortion? "Distortion" is MY routine using the Moving Pip gimmick, just like "Visually Yours" is Michael Ammar's routine using the Moving Pip gimmick. I have worked out a transposition effect that creates quite an impact.

So, to sum it all up: The Moving Pip gimmick that you recieve with the DVD has been around for a long time. Michael Ammar was the first to have it made with a normal sized poker card. Michael's fantastic routine "Visually Yours" is taught on the DVD with HIS permission & blessing. "Distortion" is MY routine using the same gimmick.

I hope that clears some things up. Feel free to copy and paste this response, or link to it, if you see others asking the same questions. Thanks!
There are other similar gimmicks around, but with the Distortion DVD you're learning several ways to handle it, take care of the gimmick, getting tips and advice from Wayne Houchin.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results