Favorite Effect from Art of Astonishment - ONLY ONE!

Nov 8, 2007
Art of Astonishment is filled with great effects. But, if you could only perform ONE effect from the books for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?

I have quite a few favorites, but I think in the end I'd go with Leaf.

It's not something I perform all that often, but whenever I do it gets an incredible reaction. It's organic, the set-up only takes a few seconds, and all you need on you to perform the effect is a Sharpie. What's more organic and more magical than picking a leaf off the ground and magically reattaching it to a tree where it really is attached and growing as part of the tree again? Not much.

Apr 1, 2009
California
The great thing about AOA is that I find a new "favorite" just about every time I go through the book. Although, if I had to choose one, my favorite would probably have to be Twilight. I was seriously in awe just reading the few pages on it, and truly thought it reached a pinnacle of astonishment.

I've owned AoA, but its just too long to read. Not to say anything more, gonna grab it and have a look!:D

And this is the problem with magic today. When I first bought AOA around 8 or so years ago, I could NOT wait to dive into it. I bought it in volumes and saved up for the next volume. Going to the local shop and buying these was probably a huge turning point in my creative thinking.

READ READ READ READ READ READ READ. It won't kill you. I promise. :)

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
I've owned AoA, but its just too long to read. Not to say anything more, gonna grab it and have a look!:D

Say Waah?!

Everytime i have read even one of my volumes i learn something new and something helpful even if its only 3 PAGES LONG. Cmon its not that long.

For me there are to many to decide from i like so many from the books.

They are a goldmine i think you randomly flicked through the pages and stopped on one you could most probably use that one trick for ever.

...... Thats Right Even Air hahaha:p

Tom

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
My bad.:D Do you guys found any impromptu card tricks in AoA that became your favourite? :D

Printing the 3 volumes out now..... Gonna get my focus on it right away. :p

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
What do you mean you're "printing them out?"

I usually print notes that are important to me, which i think that are important so i can revise them anytime that i like. You see, reading books like this in class is a big big mistake!

And... printing them out only cost me 0.05 cent per page, so don't worry about my pocket:D

Nov 8, 2007
I usually print notes that are important to me, which i think that are important so i can revise them anytime that i like. You see, reading books like this in class is a big big mistake!

And... printing them out only cost me 0.05 cent per page, so don't worry about my pocket:D

Let me try translating. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Hi, the reason I haven't read Art of Astonishment is because, like many other books, I have stolen it and therefore have no appreciation for the knowledge within the book. Perhaps if I print it out I will actually read it. I'll give it a try."

Art of Astonishment has never been made available for lawful sale as a downloadable version. The hardbound books are it. So I really don't see any other explanation you could possibly come up with other than you stole the books. We've wasted enough time in this thread on a pirate though. So with that...

Anyone else have a favorite effect from AoA they want to share?

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
yes youre wrong, let me clarify, i mean to be "photostat", it means by using photocopyt machine.
i mean to photocopy out particular tricks FROM THE BOOK(NOT PDF or whatever illegal download)that i like. not the whole 3 volumes. Just some pages that i like. And... i've readed AoA before, just didnt put my focus on it, your thread just catch my attention into it.

Last, you've just hurt my heart coz im so against with illegal stuff.

Sorry.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i think it was just a cross in language barrier. who knows, anyways some of my favorities in AoA would be Solid Deception, Recapped and Gambler, Mentalist and Magician. Absolutely kill with that last one.

Nov 8, 2007
yes youre wrong, let me clarify, i mean to be "photostat", it means by using photocopyt machine.
i mean to photocopy out particular tricks FROM THE BOOK(NOT PDF or whatever illegal download)that i like. not the whole 3 volumes. Just some pages that i like. And... i've readed AoA before, just didnt put my focus on it, your thread just catch my attention into it.

Last, you've just hurt my heart coz im so against with illegal stuff.

Sorry.

So if you own the books why do you need to print out the scanned pages you have of your own books on your computer?

Sorry, man, your story just doesn't add up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results