Favorite gaffed card effect?

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
What's your favorite gaffed card or gaffed deck effect?

I would have to say mine is Regeneration. And no, not because I gaff them for theory11 lol, but because it has all the elements of surprise and it's so fair! The restoration phase really makes one feel that anything is possible!!!!

Jeremy

Feb 10, 2013
I have many that I really like. Recently I got Stand Up Monte by Garrett Thomas and, although I have never like monte routines, I am really enjoying this one. It is one of those effects that ends up amazing me while performing it.

Apr 17, 2013
should note i do not do the gang of four effect. I use them in another effect that just steps it up a bit.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
My favorite in design? Cardsharks double deckers. That is the most hilarious and ingenious method for accomplishing some of its effects, although not exactly practical. The most practical.. honestly probably the advocate by (not to say this is his concept, just the only source I know(maybe it is his))DM. I never use it, but that's just me not wanting to invest the time to learn it properly. The possibilities are beyond endless. My favorite that I actually use would go to either the invisible deck, still an excellent choice, or regen. Regeneration gets some great reactions when performed well. Or poorly for that matter.

Dec 29, 2011
My favorite in design? Cardsharks double deckers. That is the most hilarious and ingenious method for accomplishing some of its effects, although not exactly practical. The most practical.. honestly probably the advocate by (not to say this is his concept, just the only source I know(maybe it is his))DM. I never use it, but that's just me not wanting to invest the time to learn it properly. The possibilities are beyond endless. My favorite that I actually use would go to either the invisible deck, still an excellent choice, or regen. Regeneration gets some great reactions when performed well. Or poorly for that matter.

Inst the adovocate that thing where you can produce any named card in seconds? I dont think that counts as a card gaff.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
The Advocate doesn't use gaff cards, but I guess it's considered a card gimmick. Either way, I use it a lot and it's fantastic. It really doesn't take a lot of work to get used to, just throw it in your pocket and jam with it.

My favourite gaff card effect is B'Wave, simple and direct mentalism with a double climax. I bought a little leather envelope from TopMan to keep mine in and it never leaves my top pocket!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I gotta go with Regeneration... the perfect blend of simple presentation and beautiful, practical, brilliant method. Hard to beat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2009
Big fan of the Blink gimmick - I've used in so many routines and it always gets a crazy reaction. But Regeneration is a favorite as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results