Fearson's Box

I am planning on making a Fearson Box, I bought the plans from Steve Fearson (downloadmagic.com) sometime ago but am just now getting around to it. Anyway if any of you have made one and have any suggestions to any extra touches that worked well or not so well please let me know.

Click here if you do not know what a Fearson's Box is.

Sep 1, 2007
um, that was extremely obvious from the youtube video... I would say for an extra touch :

DON'T step in one foot at a time like that guy did in the video! it instantly gave away the method.

you really BOUGHT the plans for this? its like one of the oldest principles in illusions... I don't understand what "secret" there is to this to merit BUYING something so old and obvious. how much is Fearson charging for his idea... maybe he thinks my bathroom is magical because it makes two of me appear when I look in the mirror...

I think I got the plans for this in a package deal with a bunch of his other stuff. But yea I guess the basic idea is pretty old although I do not remember anyone using that idea to achieve the same purpose, that is levitation. The plans are useful though in helping you with the exact dimensions and all the little details that make the effect work. I sure if I had time to make a bunch of these box's by the third or fourth one I would have all the problems worked out, so I am just a happy to have the plans to make my life easier.

Also I think the effect is more powerful then you might think to the layman out their. I will let you guys know how it works out once I get this thing put together, which might take me a couple of months at this rate.

Oct 12, 2007
get a large sign and put infront of the box before you step in so no one see's the gimmick when you step in-fearson uses one you can see it on his demo

get a large sign and put infront of the box before you step in so no one see's the gimmick when you step in-fearson uses one you can see it on his demo

Good point. I was thinking about trying to rest a helmet and a pair of gloves in front of the box initially. Then step in and put on the "safety gear" :D and then lift off. I will look around a toy store to see if I can find something cheap that has a good sound effect, like humming or some kind of tech sound, that I can put in my box. Maybe that will be too much.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Great news! Steve has made some very nicely constructed Boxes, and has dropped the price down from $399 to $129 for the time being! However I am told it will go up very soon. At this price, the unit looks like a steal and appears to be very well constructed.

If you wish to purchase a very nicely made levitation unit for practially 1/3 of the original price, I suggest to pick it up!

http://emagicsupply.com/112.html

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Great news! Steve has made some very nicely constructed Boxes, and has dropped the price down from $399 to $129 for the time being! However I am told it will go up very soon.

Everyone who subscribed to his newsletter updates was told. :rolleyes:

Due to the cost and time it actually costs Steve to make these things, he's decided to up the price - and with fair reason too as he actually took a chunk out of his flesh making one.

If you want one for the $129 price you need to buy it now, if you think you'll be alright waiting a while even when the price goes up, make sure you keep yourself updated as he says he may stop making them altogether.

- Sean

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
True enough, that's what I am told! He told me this is simply a bit of an introductory price and that it will go up VERY soon! I echo Sean_Raf and say if you want a professionally made model of one of the most creative levitations on the marketv at the lowest possible pricer, take advantage of that right away! It's an excellent effect and typical creative Fearson.

Plus, as is usual with most of his handmade effects, this will likely be made in only a limited quantity. The current quantity is about 30! This may be a collector's item someday!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results