Finding Your Name

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I've noticed that everyone seems to have a "name" as if their magic is like their business or company. For instance, "Ben Jackson Magic" or "Sankey Magic" and other things like that. I think this is a great idea. My problem is coming up with my own.

I thought maybe it would be cool to use this thread to get thoughts from each other on our "names" be it stage names or names like the ones mentioned above.

We can start by seeing what you think of mine? My name is Rob Kingsbury. I have been using "RK Magic" but to me it seems to plain. Something I just thought up was "Kingsbury Konjuring" but I'm not sure if that totally fits me. I do everything from magic to mentalism. My specialty is coin magic and I also try to be funny and keep everyone laughing while I am performing.

Hopefully you guys understand what I am getting at and can help!

Thanks,
Rob

Jan 20, 2009
California
RK magic or kingsbury konjuring are good names for a bussiness, like sankey magic thats his bussiness name
but when he performs he is jay sankey. When i perform im Richard The Magician.

Jun 2, 2010
Kingsbury is a nice, slightly unusual yet traditional sounding surname. And so Kingsbury Magic sounds pretty distinguished, in my opinion. The Konjuring with a K is slightly gimmicky and seems like the kind of thing you'll grow out of sooner or later.

If you develop your magic into a business or professionally at any level, I think there's a lot of scope with Kingsbury Magic in that regard too. The King part creates possibilities for many distinguished looking logos and letterheads... crowns, regal iconography and all sorts of stuff that fuses really well with the iconography of both playing cards and coins.

Don't go for something too tricksy when you've got something with great potential and relevance sitting right in your lap already.

either of your ideas rk or kingsbury will work. Rk magic I see as being more corporate, while kingsbury sounds fancy or all royal like. Maybe your logo could have a crown on your k kind of half cocked to the side hanging off it?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Thanks guys, I really like that. One thing though...there is a big possibility that I will be changing that last name to Greenlee. What could I do with the last name Greenlee if I decide to change it?

Dec 1, 2010
Thanks guys, I really like that. One thing though...there is a big possibility that I will be changing that last name to Greenlee. What could I do with the last name Greenlee if I decide to change it?
I like RK Magic, so it could be RG Magic, but I still think RK Magic sound cool. Thanks!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I agree with the above. Kingsbury is a great name. Kingsbury Magic is terrific and sounds very professional. I would say you would do well to use the royalty in your name as an asset in marketing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results