Fire Magic

Feb 10, 2013
Hi guys. Do you know of any good magic effects or sources to learn effects involving fire? Preferably something that can play big, like parlor magic or bigger. I bet there is something in Tarbell, which I realize just now that for some reason I have not checked there yet, so any other suggestions would be great.

(And please don't just say flash paper, could you perhaps be a little more specific than that.)

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Alpha's DVD set has a ton of stuff in it. I have been closing my show with my version of torch thru arm for years. There is also a box effect where you run a silk/tie/etc thru it and then light it on fire and the cloth is unharmed. (Dunno the name it doesn't have a top or bottom)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Also, make sure you always get permission to use open flame at gigs because a lot of places and theaters are cracking down. Just food for thought. You could get to a location and the owner or manager may say no open flame. I've seen this happen more than once.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You'll also have to clearly define exactly what kind of fire you'll be using. This can be a complicated thing. Some places allow certain types of flames but not others. Flash paper may be ok, but a torch not.

You'll also want to check your local laws yourself. Frequently the businessmen don't bother actually checking the laws. For instance, there is no fire of any kind (to my knowledge) allowed in any indoor venue in Rhode Island - but some guys will still say it's ok. If you are caught, you're going to be facing a massive fine.

Feb 10, 2013
Thanks for the heads up guys. I will definitely check the laws here and make sure the clients know about it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results