First night of the Fringe - Performing

Well,

A very 'interesting' night to say the least.

Awesome awesome awesome, performance. The whole few hours we were performing, I can only think of one thing that went slightly wrong, and it was Kash not I. Everything was fairly perfect.

At times we had probably between 150-200 people watching us.

Which, for a Street Magician, I think is MASSIVE.

Just to let you know what I performed,
3 Card Monte/Distortion/Invisible Palm (I did these three in sequence, as examples of ways Magicians can transport cards in different ways)
The Cloak
FiTH - AMAZING
Bed of Nails (Starting with a person standing on me, and then with Bricks being smashed)
Bruised - Signature Move, always kills.

Over the probably two hours max we performed for, we would have made at least $500 for the Womens and Childrens Hospital. Which is fantastic, had one guy give $100, a couple give $50 etc. Amazing.

Then, Midnight Came. We decided it was time to start packing up. Chatting to a few randoms a guy in a suit came up to me 'Are you Matt, the Street Magician?'

'Yeah Mate, Nice to meet you'

'Matt im John from the Garden, this is Mary from the Fringe, I want to have a chat to you about registration...'

I had nothing to do with the forms etc, Kash handled all that. But it seems that the Fringe did not communicate with the Garden of Unearthly Delights, and the Garden were not happy to accomodate a group who were performing for free, and donating all the donations recieved to Charity.

So, to put it bluntly, they kicked us out.

Who knows what is happening tomorrow, Sunday and the rest of the fringe we were performing for.

We were aiming to raise a few thousand for the kids, but, may be a bit hard without a venue.

Lovingly Yours,

Matty.

xo

Sep 2, 2007
So, let me get this straight, they kicked you out, because you were performing magic for charity and were angry because you were not making money.

seem's all but logical

Nov 30, 2007
That's rediculous!!! That reminds me of a story about Lance Armstrong that really made me mad. What happened was that Lance Armstrong sued these people for writing barkstrong and meowstrong on dog and cat collars, and the proceeds would go to places that would help dogs and cats.

Ok,

To put it simply.

"The Fringe" is the main event
"The Garden" is part of "The Fringe" but a seperate area

We registered as part of "The Fringe" to perform in "The Garden." We were printed in publications as being a part of "The Garden" etc.

From what we were told last night, "The Garden" had not been contacted by "The Fringe" that we were to be performing there. And when they realized we were non-profit, and apart from publicity they would gain nothing from us (Apart from the hundreds of dollars it costs to register to the Fringe) they decided that we had to leave.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results