First Stage Show Tonight

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
You probably no me as a street or close-up guy, but I kinda closed that chapter for a while and now I have my first stage gig tonight! I was curious on how early I should show up to the show. Any help is extraordinarily appreciated, or if you have some quick tips that would be nice too!

-Zac

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
You probably no me as a street or close-up guy, but I kinda closed that chapter for a while and now I have my first stage gig tonight! I was curious on how early I should show up to the show. Any help is extraordinarily appreciated, or if you have some quick tips that would be nice too!

-Zac

Depends on the material you are performing.

If you have some illusions with you it would be wise to watch and see the stage to see how they are going to play off in the gig. It could also be smart to rehearse your whole act before it even begins so that you can see how to interact with people and all the little nuances in the show. You just can't go up there and perform, is a total different venue wich requires a total different approach.

Practicing your whole act in the stage is the best tip I can give you.

But also remember, theatrics and enterteinment is what you are aiming for here.

Try sending a PM to William Draven btw. The gentlemen does knows his stuff.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
It seems your nerves are working up on you a little already. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Just focus and control
them. If you’ve done the prep work for your performance you’ll do fine.

As far as when to show up. It depends on how familiar you are with where you’re performing and also as Justice says your
material or props. Allow enough time to get settled in, give directions to any stage hands with lighting, curtains, etc. and take
a look around. I have a weird thing where if I'm somewhere for the first time I go out and sit in the seats in a few different
places. Maybe it gives me better audience perspective. I don’t really know I’ve just kind of always done it.

I don’t usually go over my whole routine mentally beforehand. Some performers say that really helps them but I’ve already gone over it a billion times. I’ve put in the work and I'm prepared. I focus more on the opening and getting into it. When I'm really into it I find the spectators follow my lead. Like I said I’ve got the material down so then I enjoy myself.

For your first show you’re going to be amazed at the things you didn’t think about that present themselves and you’re going to learn a lot of lessons. Just go with it and know you’re going to get through it fine. I would suggest taping it if possible so you can see it from an audience perspective later. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Just got back, the show sucked, as to be expected. I flubbed the finale but no one seemed to notice. The mic wasn't working properly, couldn't find the client to find out where to set up, and did it outside while windy. What can you do lol.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results