flipper coin problems

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
just bought a £2 next generation flipper coin and its very loud . it makes a clicking noise when open and when going from the open position to snapping shut it loud again is this normal or can I do things to make it more quite, its very noticeable even in a loud room .

also the magnet is strong and wont release the shell without a bit of force and the flipper wont open with the shell on top

for the price I wouldn't recommend this product

dentian

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2010
You should know that the NGF set is DESIGNED to not come out of the shell when it is nested. It is a locking flipper set. You need another coin to release it from the shell. Furthermore, did you drop the flipper? I doubt bob swaddling would make a flipper that opens with a sound (I've never heard of flippers making sounds when they OPEN). I know that flippers can close (obviously), which cause a loud sound sometimes, but that doesn't really effect your presentation... Well, it shouldn't at least. Its more of a magician thing.

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
no I haven't dropped it , its advertised as a gravity flipper so I expected without the shell it would fall open . but when it gets to the half way point there is a click which is very noticeable . no I didn't drop it it was a couple of days old when I wrote the first post and haven't used it since . it is the uk £2 set I have that a little more hollow than a walking liberty. maybe if I re add another band/ elastic it may be better but i cant see it .

kb

Dec 29, 2013
Add tape to where the noise is. Make sure the tape is in so the coin still fits inside.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results