Flourishing beginner

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'd have to say definitely keep practicing your Anaconda. It doesn't necessarily make for the best presentation to include shots of you dropping cards - but that's a personal choice.

As for the rest, keep practicing on your smoothness and (ultimately) getting a bit more speed going bit by bit.

You've got a lot of potential! Keep working at it. :)

Best,
Vince

Sep 1, 2007
Thoughts as they occur to me.

0:05 - Not liking the cuts, but at least the music is different than the usual fare. Minus points however for not showing your face. If your crotch is in the frame, but your head isn't, something is wrong.
0:15 - Fancy, but it works without the slow motion. Focus more on good framing and composition of the shot rather than special effects.
0:30 - Minus the unnecessary cuts, the pacing of each flourish actually matches the flow of the music well.
0:32 - Okay, enough slow motion. That just wrecked the flow.
0:49 - Seriously, no more slow motion.
0:54 - And it just cuts off.

My recommendation is to stop editing and spend more time rehearsing with the music in real time. If you're going to use music, then use it for real and not just as an edited-in afterthought. A good flourish/manipulation routine can be filmed in one shot. No cuts to different angles, no special effects. Just let the on-screen action do its thing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results