Flow by Paul Harris and Dan Hauss

Feb 14, 2008
London
I believe I saw this exact trick (right down to the toothpick and everything) on an old "Marvin's Magic" magic set aimed at ten-year-olds, and that gimmick was transparent, small and completely concealed if used properly. With the right marketing, you can make anything look cool. I hope that this trick is not what I think it is, because I would expect more from Paul Harris.

Nov 25, 2007
It's nothing like the Marvin's Magic one because in the video it says NO DISKS so that draws out that possibility also how would it be possible for the spectator to hold the bottle and look directly up it... it isn't.

Sep 1, 2007
California
I agree... too many people stray away from gimmicks because of how "dirty" and "impractical" they CAN be. My personal opinion is that gimmicks are very useful props that are available to me to ENHANCE, SIMPLIFY, or straight out ACHIEVE an effect. A friend of mine is an awesome card magician, down to the theory and sleights, yet he strays away from gimmicks because he hates feeling "dirty" and would much rather be able to peform a similar or the same effect using just a pack of red bikes. In my honest opinion, him and you others out there who take gimmicks for granted should (possible explanation) get over your fears or quims of using them, and start experimenting. Take your magic a different direction, or maybe use it to help a direction you're already heading towards, and i guarantee you wont have wasted your time!

Sep 1, 2007
Is anyone else disappointed Ellusionist is selling this? I mean, with all this "negative" attention from everyone because of the TV show they have where they smear their greasy name all over it. Don't you think when this is released it will be up on youtube faster than you can even say exposure? Everyone is going to go to the "Iwanttolearnmagicsomyfriendsthinkimcool.com" thing ellusionist set up and is going to end up buying this fantastic effect.

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Trust me this is 100% definitely not the methods your thinking of... there is nothing attatched to the end of the bottle etc...

The one thing I am wondering is how to set-up with a borrowed bottle... guess that's what the dvd's for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results