For the T11 members...

Nov 23, 2007
NC
That was really nice of you to do Dee.

Without getting into the method are you able to go over the difference from this and the original version that was sold. For example: is it a different type presentation and handling. In other words why would one still want to purchase the other version?

Again very nice of you and I'll be sending my paycheck soon.

Jul 9, 2008
Wisconsin
To be honest I think your crazy for giving away such a brilliant trick away for free, but thank you very much. :)

I'll definately have to check out the original version though.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Hey guys, Yeah, The REAL version of Cinders is way, way different.

Totally different visuals, they can see their signature as the card is burning and the angles are much better when performed correctly.

Go check out the original version - it's only £6.66!

Cheers,

D.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Whats up with that haircut since Proximity Effects?

I was kind of liking that whole 1980's hairband burnout stoner look you had going on there.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Haha, It's because I'm following Criss Angel's style model. It'll be emo by next week.

I'm lying.

And gentlemen, the video is now down, so those of you that saw it and learnt the method consider yourselves lucky. This will go to print, but not by my own hand. It'll be a bonus in a relevant manuscript... Keep your eyes OPEN.

Quick credit courtesy of the magnificent Ineski, the 'one hand spin change' I mentioned is formally known as 'The Miricle Change' by Ed Marlo.

Thanks alot guys for your interest - Spread the word and more fun things might just come your way ;)

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hey buddy.

There isn't really a publicly accessible vid for the published effect, but I'm sure there will be many vids of customers demonstrations of it... I know I'm planning on putting up my handling of it soon...

CL

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
It was a conscious decision of mine not to put a video up right away, to encourage others to take my instructions and work their own handlings of the effect.

I think that these days, so much of magic is done word for word, move for move, which though DVDs are a great visual aid, it's caused a lack in originality of handlings from magician to magician.

I will post up a video eventually - I'm still waiting back for some footage from last week's shoot. But until then, I look forward to seeing what everybody else makes of the illusion.

Cheers,

D.

Dee,

With respect, I respectfully disagree...

I don't think that these days, so much of magic is done word for word, or move for move, and even though DVDs are a great visual aid, it hasn't caused a lack in originality of handlings from magician to magician and....oh....

Bugger.

Very nice effect mate.

Rabid

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I can understand that there is still creativity, but I have seen countless magicians using the exact same patters and routines and it just doesn't fit with what they do.

So many people, to me, look like a mis-made jigsaw when performing more than one effect in turn.

I'll re-phrase my thoughts taking your input into consideration:

It's a lot easier to interpret a routine in your own way when reading from a book than it is from learning from a visual aid.

The only up to copycatting something is that with a lot of the good material released it's stuff that has been crafted over years to be the best it can be, though I feel that as much is to do with the look, tone of voice, accent, eyes, natural body language, everything else which crafts the over all routine, stuff that can't be copied, so it's up to us to take the effect and mould it into our own, so it fits.

Either way, thanks for the comments on V2 Rabid, and awesome screen name ;)

D.

For the record...I agree with you.

I was being dryly sarcastic, merely adding a few words to your quote.
I would have made it more obvious, but it seemed funnier to copy your words...ummm...word for word, as it were. I say funnier, obviously i was laughing here as I typed it, but then I laugh at animals dressed in clothes and people who still think it's 1985...

I lead a sheltered existence.

A lot of people do copy verbatim.

Tis a shame, but true.

I liked the effect so much, I may even find time to check out the rest of your site and give you some money, seems only fair.

Laters

Rabid

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results