forcing a word

Sep 1, 2010
hey guys

is there anyway to force a word without carrying books or newspapers for street magic that seems natural? can you tell me? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Does the word really need to be forced? I mean is your goal to know the word they are thinking of or does it need to be a specific word. If it is the later what is the word?

Aside do you want this to appear as a trick or do you want people to believe you genuinly reading minds.
Aside 2 it is more natural to be carrying a book news paper or magazine around than a deck of cards just saying.

Sep 1, 2010
Does the word really need to be forced? I mean is your goal to know the word they are thinking of or does it need to be a specific word. If it is the later what is the word?

Aside do you want this to appear as a trick or do you want people to believe you genuinly reading minds.
Aside 2 it is more natural to be carrying a book news paper or magazine around than a deck of cards just saying.

yeah fair enough, thanks

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
You could write down some words on different business cards and force the one you want to. Or you could have them write a word down on a business card and you peek it. :)

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
You are being rather vague when it comes to what it is you are wishing to accomplish via this force. If you have a new effect you're thinking about I and I'm certain a handful of others here are well known for protecting such work, it's why we are relied upon as consultants. Should that be the case I'd suggest you track one of us down via IM and go from there. But you really need to be more precise in order to get the help IF this is for something specific.

On the other hand, if you are just looking for methods I'd suggest you study the whole Psychological Force niche; while it's been around a very long time Banachek popularized it through his Psychological Subtleties series of books. They are not the only source, but are very much a requisite when it comes to developing said skills and understanding the general psychology around using "commons" -- terms, colors, items, etc. that are statistically the most named term such as "a Rose" when people think of a flower or the color Red.

Once you understand these basics and invest some time learning linguistics, body language, etc. you can create a 96ish % hit ratio. That is to say, 96% of the time people will name the thing you are trying to force -- this type of technique is not 100% sure-fire, there are many variables, but when it works it's pure dynamite. More so, you can work it in ways that empower the participant in ways that make them believe they thought of someone's unspoken thoughts or that you have discerned their unspoken thoughts. . . there are tons of ways to use this but you really need to pour yourself into it, it's not as simple as doing a double-undercut or learning to back-palm a deck of cards. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results