Free copy of The Expert At The Card Table

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I was just browsing through Lee Asher's website and I went to the LINKS page and found a site called www.erdnase.com. It was alright so I started browsing through it and found out more about the book and it's many editions. I then went to the SEARCH page and guess what I found. A link to download Expert At The Card Table for FREE! This is the "Bible" edition released by www.erdnase.com. You can purchase the book or a set of 12 from their site too...

DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY HERE!!! (2.7MB) (right-click then "Save Target/Link As")

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Shanku

Aug 31, 2007
Well, this is actually piracy, but since it's on Erdnase's site, and also since I have no authority whatsoever to say anything against piracy, thanks. It's pretty common.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well, this is actually piracy, but since it's on Erdnase's site, and also since I have no authority whatsoever to say anything against piracy, thanks. It's pretty common.

I don't see how this is piracy. The company that is publishing this version of the book is giving you permission to download a free copy from their website. If that's piracy then arrest me... :D

Aug 31, 2007
I don't see how this is piracy. The company that is publishing this version of the book is giving you permission to download a free copy from their website. If that's piracy then arrest me... :D

I said that myself, I said "since it's on Erdnase's official site" (obviously not HIS actualy site)

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Dude, Erdnase isn't the authors real name. That's why everyone says S. W. Erdnase and not his full name because no one knows his real full name. There are about 100 copies of the original book in the world and if you own one it's worth $1000 to $3000 depending on it's condition. The publisher of this edition has posted a free downloadable version so everyone can have it so it's not piracy. I never said it was Erdnase's official site. Erdnase is probably dead now. He was an adult in 1902 so I highly doubt he's still alive.

Aug 31, 2007
Dude, Erdnase isn't the authors real name. That's why everyone says S. W. Erdnase and not his full name because no one knows his real full name. There are about 100 copies of the original book in the world and if you own one it's worth $1000 to $3000 depending on it's condition. The publisher of this edition has posted a free downloadable version so everyone can have it so it's not piracy. I never said it was Erdnase's official site. Erdnase is probably dead now. He was an adult in 1902 so I highly doubt he's still alive.

Err... but those are just the originals, you could still get the reprints of the original at barnes and noble for less than ten bucks.

Oct 9, 2007
No one knows who Erdnase really is. Some think it is E. S. Andrews because he was a known card cheat at around the time this book was published and SW Erdnase backwards is E S Andrews. But, his writing style is so different to how the book is written people think it was written by Andrews then re-written by Professor Hoffman. There are a few other potential people who could have written this but I forget them.

But the copyright for Expert at the Card Table expired a while ago therefore it is now legal to download for free.

http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/ has a whole list of books like this that you can view for free and download.

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I have the ebook along with the printed copy. I must say that it is well worth it to pick up the printed copy just because it's easier to thumb through it.
The ebook is nice though for having the words on your screen so you don't have to keep picking up the book and putting down your cards while practicing.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
This isn't piracy at all.

Dan and Dave are huge supporters of that site, and we know that they wouldn't ever let something like that happen... They have a lot of repsect for the dude, whoever he is.

Also, do a search for Expert at the Card Table on Google Books... You can read it online.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
The thing about this is that reading a book online isn't comfortable, because the pro of a book over DVD is that you can go anywhere with it, and this kills this advantage, I have it but haven't learned anything from it, for that I'd need to buy the book.

Sep 3, 2007
When Drake started publishing the book he continued to do so with the copyrights in the name of Erdnase and royalties were paid. The checks then started to come back and account closed. Drake continued to publish the book while keeping up on what he owed to Erdnase. In 1930 when it was time to renew the copyright, Drake could not do it because he never owned the copyright to the book. From that point forward the book fell into the public domain. No one owns the copyright to the book. If it's in public domain then it isn't piracy its sharing free material.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results