Free copy of The Expert At The Card Table

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The thing about this is that reading a book online isn't comfortable, because the pro of a book over DVD is that you can go anywhere with it, and this kills this advantage, I have it but haven't learned anything from it, for that I'd need to buy the book.

Yeah. That's why I'm going to buy it soon. Seems like a cool edition.

"Hey, what are you reading there? Is that the Bible? :eek: I thought you were Atheist!"

"Well, It's my Bible!..."

Sep 9, 2007
When Drake started publishing the book he continued to do so with the copyrights in the name of Erdnase and royalties were paid. The checks then started to come back and account closed. Drake continued to publish the book while keeping up on what he owed to Erdnase. In 1930 when it was time to renew the copyright, Drake could not do it because he never owned the copyright to the book. From that point forward the book fell into the public domain. No one owns the copyright to the book. If it's in public domain then it isn't piracy its sharing free material.

I was going to post this exactly.

Also, I'm pretty sure after a certain point (which varies by area) copyrights cannot be renewed any longer and it defaults into the public domain.

Sep 3, 2007
I was going to post this exactly.

Also, I'm pretty sure after a certain point (which varies by area) copyrights cannot be renewed any longer and it defaults into the public domain.

Used to be like that in the states, that is until Walt Disney came around. At one point it was 7 years after the original creators death. Disney changed that though. Each time "mickey mouse" or one of the other characters comes up to fall into public domain, the rules change. Sucks when big business runs the government - but thats a different story.

Thanks for finding the link to the book, i was about to buy a digital back up. I had a few books get destroyed while in storage. Along with 2 cases of card. My heart was broken :(

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks man! But the English is quite elegant...can't really understand without the figs...thanks for sharing anyways!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results