levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
So I have heard, and so have most, of the Spanish School of magic (methodology, Psychology etc). And I can see why people love it. But I personally have fallen in love with watching French magicians and their styles.

I was wanting to know if anyone could list me some English sources of French magic and prominent French magicians??? It would be appreciated.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Robert Houdin, Jean Hugard, Fredrick Braue, just to name a few.
Les French Twins are more modern ones
A lot of stuff published by American, English, and French Magicians is closely related. You can look there too.

Reactions: levivoltz

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
Hugard was Australian, not French and Braue was an American. Just thought I would let you know.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Hugard was Australian, not French and Braue was an American. Just thought I would let you know.
Sorry, I was super tired when I wrote that. I knew Braue was America, and I for whatever reason just thought Hugard was French (might be the colors of the Royal Road, and the last name kinda sounds French). My bad!

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
Sorry, I was super tired when I wrote that. I knew Braue was America, and I for whatever reason just thought Hugard was French (might be the colors of the Royal Road, and the last name kinda sounds French). My bad!
Fair enough my friend :)

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
Étienne Pradier is a French magician who currently lives in England. I've read one of his books and besides detailing some of his working pieces, he also gives valuable insight on mistakes he's made throughout his career.
Thank you muchly friend! I have never heard of this fellow. Will definitely look i to him :)

Oh and I can't believe I forgot, but you probably already know him, Mathiew Bich. Another performer is Antoine Leroux. In Taiwan, a magician by the name of Yif is half French and half Taiwanese. He speaks fluent French and Mandarin Chinese and grew up in France, but I believe he currently lives in Taiwan.

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
Oh and I can't believe I forgot, but you probably already know him, Mathiew Bich. Another performer is Antoine Leroux. In Taiwan, a magician by the name of Yif is half French and half Taiwanese. He speaks fluent French and Mandarin Chinese and grew up in France, but I believe he currently lives in Taiwan.
I definitely know Bich and Yif

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results