G-Force: The Anti Gravity Experience by Steve Fearson

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
G-FORCE: THE ANTI GRAVITY EXPERIENCE BY STEVE FEARSON

Effect: A fork is borrowed off the dinner table and the magician proposes to alter gravity, and reality, for a moment. He asks a willing spectator to stick out the index fingers of both hands, and the fork is balanced on top of them. He asks the spectator what she thinks should happen if one finger were to be taken away. Becaue both fingers are close to the edges of the fork she replied "The fork will tip over and fall off.

However, when the spectator removes one of her fingers, somehow the entire fork has been suspended on thin air.. literally 80% is impossibly being held up by the force of gravity. After letting this bizarre moment sink in the fork is removed from the fingertips, and everything is back to normal.

Review: Steve Fearson has released, through his company eMagic Supply, a brand new idea utilizing the counter weight concept. Every claim Steve makes on his website is very true, although one is slightly misleading.

In the basic description of the actual method on the webpage for G-Force, the casual reader may be lead to believe that the fork is made of two different metals. However, if read thoroughly, that little sentence is open to interpretation. In reality, the paragraph says it is a "material lighter than aluminum" however the other material used here is not metal at all. This is not a problem, the gimmick still looks fantastic, but just to warn you if you have quickly read through the paragraph on Steve's website and were slightly mislead.

Now, on with the show. G-Force arrived in a sleek, silver packaging... overall very nicely designed, as is the contents. you are provided with three front and back pages of instructions with clear colour photos that greatly details the basic handling and briefly discusses additional handling ideas. You will not have any trouble learning from these instructions as everything is crystal clear. Also included inside is, of course, the gimmicked fork.

The fork itself is very well made and does exactly what it promises. It is very durable and, if treated normally, will be functional for a very long time. Although it is not made of metal, it really looks to be and if rung in on a table during a meal, it will not be looked at with suspicion.

The gimmick itself is a brilliant idea, a totally new take on an old concept in psychokinetic effects (PK Pen for example). Everything is nicely made and I am very pleased with the overall package.

Now, the effect itself.... it's a very "wow" type of effect for spectators, very surprising and very magical. This is mainly so powerful because the effect all happens in the spectators hands. What I love about this is that the fork is so unordinary in construction, yet a spectator handling it as detailed in the instructions, will never find anything. To them it feels like an ordinary and heavy metal fork, but it is far from that. Spectators love this one, and there are also so many other things you can do with it, such as an impromptu Chair Suspension-stye effect using two folded playing cards and of course, your fork. It has endless possibilities. Whenever you go anywhere to eat, this will be something you're really going to want to carry around.

That is G-Forces major downfall... the effect itself really should be performed in a dining setting. For normal close up or walkaround, it will probably come off as being very suspcious to the spectators. This is something I don't find to be a problem really... after all, we eat an average of three meals a day. There will be plenty of opportunities to pull out G-Force and make a miracle in their own hands.

Can the fork be examined? Well, no. However, since the entire effect from start to finish is all in the spectators hands, I can guarantee that 98% of spectators will not be grabbing to examine the fork because, well, they've been handling it the entire time. Although you will likely never run into a "can I see that fork" situation because of the overall natural handling, it would have been nice to have included a duplicate ungimmicked fork in the package. But if your not a purist, I assume one isn't necessary. However the design of the fork is a typical fork design and I'm sure you can find some normal duplicates if you shop around a little bit.

So, examination should not be a problem mainly because not only is it in the spectator's hands the entire effect, but it is also apparently a fork you've just taken off the table. That makes it all even more natural. Steve also provides an out in the instructions that some may find to be a good option.

The bottom line is, this is a surprising and magical effect that you WILL want to take along to dinner parties.

Overall, I give Steve Fearson's G-Force an 8/10. You are supplied with a nicely made gimmick, clear instructions, and attractive packaging. You arev also supplied with aa very strong and fun effect to perform. It's so brilliantly simple, you'll be ready to perform this the same day you get it. It's all just that easy. With limitless possibilities for visual suspension and PK effects, I give this product a very high recommendation.

G-Force can be purchased at: http://emagicsupply.com/112.html

Michael Kras

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Just letting everyone know, if your interested in this, that there are only 8 handmade units left according to Steve's website... these were handmade in a single quantity of about 60 so they will likely become collector's items as well over a long period of time. I can just say I'm glad I picked mine up :).

http://emagicsupply.com/112.html is where it can be exclusively found. I highly recommend it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results