Gambler's Cop

Dec 22, 2007
Hi.

I have a question.

I learned the gambler's cop in Dangerous, and i really like it.

But does the card have to be that far back in the hand?

When i try it like that, sometimes it shows at the back, even from the front angle, because my hand moves a bit to the side when i reach in my pocket with the card.

I noticed that during my performances, i cop the card just above the middle finger, not below it like its taught on the DVD. Its more comfortable that way. And im not scared of flashing the the side that way.

Is it any worse to do it that way?

Aug 31, 2007
Hi.

I have a question.

I learned the gambler's cop in Dangerous, and i really like it.

But does the card have to be that far back in the hand?

When i try it like that, sometimes it shows at the back, even from the front angle, because my hand moves a bit to the side when i reach in my pocket with the card.

I noticed that during my performances, i cop the card just above the middle finger, not below it like its taught on the DVD. Its more comfortable that way. And im not scared of flashing the the side that way.

Is it any worse to do it that way?

it can't hurt,
so long as your hand looks natural, and doesn't flash from the front

the main thing about sleights is adapting them to your hands/style
so if it works for you,
do it

Sep 1, 2007
Every one has different feeling of what feels comfortable. So just do what you feel best.

Like when some people do the half pass they curl their index finger some don't. So it just depend on what you like. For my cop I do it down at the ring finger and it is easier for me. It is all down to personal preference.
Cheers
Andrew

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
The advantage of the ring finger is that your front two fingers (pointer and middle) look natural from the front. Heck, you can even straighten then out all the way, but at minimum, at least they look natural, 'cause they aren't doing anything.

SG

the gambler's cop reminds of the coin subtlety, the "Malini subltlety". If you point down, the spectators wont be able to see the card copped. i guess that should be the most suitable position to cop the card.

but as mentioned in the posts above, it all must be adapted to a user's hands.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Well, if your audience is too close to you, and you have the card somewhat to the back of your hand, they will see the card. Keep enough distance for you to be able to hide it but at the same time enough for it to look natural. Remember, they do not know that you have a card in that hand. By having the whole card in your palm, you restrict your hand and finger movements, which could key them in.

Yes. it must be stuck back there. If it was out front it may be a bit more noticeable. As long as you use good misdirection then that card will never be seen. Also, It sticks out of almost everyones hand when it is done right. Even Mr. Madison's. So don't sweat it. Just use simple misdirection.

Dylan P.

If you flash they shouldnt see it, becouse you should have ther attention somewhere else. I once had a spectator shuffle the cards, while I was shaking there signed card right in front of them. It was a bit funny for the other spectators. Juts misdirect.:)

JDEN

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results