Gambling Protection Series

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by Scodischarge, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Hi guys,
    The last few days I've taken a good look at Steve Forte's "Gambling Protection Series" and I'm seriously thinking about getting it. However, as does cost a lot of money (for me), I want to be quite sure. So for all those who know this DVD: How well can you learn from it? I know it wasn't meant to be an instructional film, but are the shooting angles good enough for you to learn from it?

Thank you for your help!

2. As far as I know, you already have Nr Turner's the cheat DVD. Learning from the GPS pretty similar if not easier. Plus, Mr Forte has a grace in handling cards that very few cardman actually have. I really think that even if you don't learn anything from it (which you will), just watching him handle the cards is worthwhile.

Gabriel Z. likes this.
  3. That's fantastic, thank you very much!

From everything I have seen of Mr Forte so far, I would agree if there wasn't this steep price tag. But seriously, just watching him shuffle the cards is awe-inspiring.

Vanishing Inc. actually offers the four volumes seperately, for the same total price the whole set would be. My questions: Do you know whether this version includes the bonus section on volume four as well, and which volume are false deals on? All sites I've seen list false dealing on both volume 2 and 3. Which one is it?

By the way, do you know the Genii article on Steve Forte? If not, I highly suggest checking it out.
    https://issuu.com/genii/docs/2005-october-forte

4. Actually, one other thing: On YouTube there's a video "Hand Quicker Than Eye", showing Steve Forte, if I'm not completely mistaken. That isn't from the GPS, is it?

5. From what I know, you should purchase the whole set to get the bonus parts.
    I have to check to find the exact volume, but if I remember correctly, they’re only on a single volume.
    No, that’s not. The GPS is much older, and I daresay, with a much lower video quality.

6. Thanks very much for the info!

Mr_ARPY likes this.
  7. On the DVD set, false deals are on Vol 2. In the DVD set, there are 3 disks:

D1 Vol 1&2
    D2 Vol 3&4
    D3 Bonus Content

Hope that helps! Well worth the purchase price! Grab the books if you can, they are definitely a fine companion to the DVD set. Forte is just mind blowing and the DVDs bring those books to life. A truly one of a kind resource.

The bonus content is outrageous good. Mr England had a significant hand in the books and this DVD remaster project and did an incredible job of picking out a number of filmed sleights Mr Forte did "back then" to add as bonus content. They comment throughout and just WOW, incredible stuff. Some solid mucking which makes the process defined in the book very clear, tons of other amazing stuff demonstrated (but not taught).

The Steve Forte Museum tour alone is a dream come true. What a collection!!