Generic Loops on Ebay

May 4, 2009
I just got all three Guerrilla Guides to Loops on ebay pretty cheap. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the loops. I was thinking of getting the Infinity System. However about one week ago when I was researching this stuff they were selling the infinity loop $50 postage paid. Now it is $135 with shipping. They said the price would go up, but jeeze, I didn't expect it to almost triple! Plus you don't get to see any pictures of it.

Does anyone know if their are any pictures of the discontinued T.I.E.S. loop system online anywhere. Thinking of making something myself.

Also, I found a guy on ebay basically selling his own own loops. They come on a yellow card like Yigal loops, but they are $20 postage paid for 20. Half the price of the brand name loops, or less than half if you count postage. And right now, the guy has two sets of listing and one set is cheaper. I got 25 for $15.

I went ahead and ordered some so I have a bunch to practice with when I get my Guerrilla guides in the mail. I'll post a review when I get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
A cheaper method is to buy your own IET and then tie your own loops.
I think the big reel of infinity IET is sold out, and so is silk worm.

I recommend you purchase Yigel Mesika's IET reel which should ve readily available at your nearest magic shop. Saves you a lot of money.

I just got all three Guerrilla Guides to Loops on ebay pretty cheap. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the loops. I was thinking of getting the Infinity System. However about one week ago when I was researching this stuff they were selling the infinity loop $50 postage paid. Now it is $135 with shipping. They said the price would go up, but jeeze, I didn't expect it to almost triple! Plus you don't get to see any pictures of it.

Does anyone know if their are any pictures of the discontinued T.I.E.S. loop system online anywhere. Thinking of making something myself.

Also, I found a guy on ebay basically selling his own own loops. They come on a yellow card like Yigal loops, but they are $20 postage paid for 20. Half the price of the brand name loops, or less than half if you count postage. And right now, the guy has two sets of listing and one set is cheaper. I got 25 for $15.

I went ahead and ordered some so I have a bunch to practice with when I get my Guerrilla guides in the mail. I'll post a review when I get them.

Welcome, a new thread user. I have using thread work for quite some time for now; it's good to see new people get started their way in levitation/ PK stuff.

Frist of all, you're getting the pretie loops on Ebay is a bad move. Pretie loops in general overall is bad. The loops are over priced, and also for beginner you will going thru those like in no time. I would recommend you get the elastic thread spool. You can find those on Ebay and other magic site.

My fav: Silkworm(discontinue)
my dislike: Yigal Mersika (highly invisible, highly chance to break, bad for beginner.)

Second of all, mind as well buy the million dollar knot from penquinmagic. That is the method that I use to tie all my loops. It's quick, and reliable.

I know this is alot of money to spent but the reaction will pay for it all. Use my tips and combine it with the DVDs, you will master the loops in no time. And remember. (the loop don't breaks, you do.) LOL

Peace.

May 4, 2009
Well, the ones I bought on ebay are just to give me a bunch to practice with while I watch the DVDs. I do hope to be able to tie my own. That is my goal.

So far I have bought one pack of the Yigal ones. I love them, but yeah they break pretty fast. I have one left right now.

I have have tried to retie the broken ones to see if I could do it and was unsuccessful.

Apparently penguin magic used to sell some sort of plastic jig called T.I.E.S, but it is discontinued. I may end up buying some of the PET2.0 to get the download video on tying it. I've seen a few complaints though that they changed the dispenser for the PET2.0 and it is harder to tie now.

Welcome, a new thread user. I have using thread work for quite some time for now; it's good to see new people get started their way in levitation/ PK stuff.

Frist of all, you're getting the pretie loops on Ebay is a bad move. Pretie loops in general overall is bad. The loops are over priced, and also for beginner you will going thru those like in no time. I would recommend you get the elastic thread spool. You can find those on Ebay and other magic site.

My fav: Silkworm(discontinue)
my dislike: Yigal Mersika (highly invisible, highly chance to break, bad for beginner.)

Second of all, mind as well buy the million dollar knot from penquinmagic. That is the method that I use to tie all my loops. It's quick, and reliable.

I know this is alot of money to spent but the reaction will pay for it all. Use my tips and combine it with the DVDs, you will master the loops in no time. And remember. (the loop don't breaks, you do.) LOL

Peace.

Well, the ones I bought on ebay are just to give me a bunch to practice with while I watch the DVDs. I do hope to be able to tie my own. That is my goal.

So far I have bought one pack of the Yigal ones. I love them, but yeah they break pretty fast. I have one left right now.

I have have tried to retie the broken ones to see if I could do it and was unsuccessful.

Apparently penguin magic used to sell some sort of plastic jig called T.I.E.S, but it is discontinued. I may end up buying some of the PET2.0 to get the download video on tying it. I've seen a few complaints though that they changed the dispenser for the PET2.0 and it is harder to tie now.

I not a big fan of the PET2.0 either but I would just buy it for the video.

May 4, 2009
I not a big fan of the PET2.0 either but I would just buy it for the video.

I finally found a place that sells the brand name Loops in "bulk." I had been scouring the net for something like this when I first got my 5 pack.

I live in Charleston, SC and I've checked the listing for all the main cities and can't find any actually magic stores. There is a mail order place in Columbia called madhatter. Just by accident I came to the listing for Loops on their site. A 5 pack is the standard $10, but a box of four 5 packs is $25. None of the major online stores sells the box, only the single 5 pack.

But yeah, I've pretty much decided that I love loops and want to be able to tie my own. From what I've read online PET is the best for outdoors because it's the thinnest and Infinity is the best for indoors because it's the strongest.

However, if you look at posts from two years ago people are ranting and raving about how great PET2.0, then at some point a few months back people started turning against it. One guy I saw says that people have turned against PET2.0, because they went to a cheaper dispenser that is hard to use.

The Yigal is the most expensive, but I rarely see anyone say it's their favorite.

D

Deleted member 2755

I have Infinity Thread. It's a 6 mile spool of thread. (In other words... I have enough for the rest of my life and my great great grandchildren.) I'm not sure if they make it anymore though. :( If you can find it, I highly recommend it. If you can't, pick up a spool of Mesika's. I've never owned it, but it seems to be the most popular. Also looking up on www.penguinmagic.com the Million Dollar Knot. You get some wax, a spool of the worst thread you will ever use, a video download on how to tie loops, and some nice small effects.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results