Getting a kiss successfully after a trick?

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
Damn it guys this is what I get for going outside for a day. I come back and I have no idea what anyone is talking about anymore.

Just some "quick" thoughts on what I think the subject is:

We're all entitled to our opinions and I can respect any of them as long as you can voice them with civility. Some of you guys just aren't big on flirting or you're performance style isn't congruent with flirting or you just hold your magic as this sacred personal...thing and you're above it. Whatever your reason, that's you and that's fine. Its your magic and the ONLY way to do it is your way.

The only issue for me is that the topic of this thread wasn't the merits of flirting with magic or flirt magic, it was, in a nutshell, advice on flirting with magic. So with all due respect to everyone's opinions, he never asked for them, so it was all a bit off topic to me. And yeah I'm no better for writing all this, I'm aware.

To bring up an old point, its like someone asking a coin question and everyone going 'but coin magic is stupid and you're stupid for liking it'. That aside, if you are going to express an unsolicited opinion, at least be civil about it. Wangruo didn't deserve to be treated like that at all.

oldavid Good point, where is Wangruo?

Jul 13, 2009
@Keoke I really wasn't skimming Mr. SilverFang :( I swear.

Mind quoting them so I can reread those memorable posts? Thanks.

Actually I do mind since I know among the dirt is little nuggets of gold. However I will drag my happy little ass out of bed and open up my word document titled Getting a Kiss Successfully Which is home to all the posts that I felt had merit and actual use later on down the line.

*the man slides out of bed and slithers along the floor to his portable hard drive*
Okay here we go, okay so advice past page 2 here we go.

Page 3

First advice:
Borrow 1 dollar from your girl,and transforme it into 100 dollars. She will kiss you!
getodacus

I wouldn't say girls don't like magicians... girls typically don't like antisocial losers that spend every living moment in their cave of a bedroom in front of the webcam with a deck of cards practicing something noone will ever see. They seem to like personality... if you dont have that, youre working on the wrong thing for all those hours in your room. Magic can be either an amazing quality to have to use to your advantage. Girls seem to like guys who are different and think out of the box... Otherwise, I think I'd still be single... Magicians have that. But the image of a magician isn't all that appealing, believe it or not. To me either. The pros that are trying to change the image, etc... have it down it seems and that works for them. But I watch video after video of amateurs trying to "change" that image. Doesn't work for them at all, and they look like kids just trying to look cool. which in fact does the opposite. Magic can actually be sexy believe it or not. It's mysterious, it can be B.A., etc... It's all about presentation, once again.
AsherF

Get a deck of blank faced cards. Write "Do the Chicken Dance" on one card and "Kiss Me" on another. Select two beautiful spectators.

Begin the effect by telling the spectator that you have written down different instructions on the card and each spectator has to do what is written on the card. Ask each of them if they agree to do whatever is on the back of the card.

Force the "Do the Chicken Dance" card on the first spectator. Before they look, remind them that they promised to do whatever was on the card. They will probably do a bad version of the Chicken Dance.

Then force the "Kiss Me" card on the second spectator. Before they look remind them that they agreed to do whatever is on the card. When they turn over the card, say "that is unfortunate, but you have do what is on the card." Chances are they will kiss you (on the cheek, the lips, wherever).

If they ask why it is unfortunate before they kiss you, tell them "you have to do what is on the card first and then I'll explain." If they ask after they kiss you then you give the explanation. If they don't ask, then (after the kiss) say "remember I said this is unfortunate, do you want to know why?" They of course will say "yes."

You then explain why it is unfortunate by showing them that every other card in the rest of the deck says "Strip Naked." Chances are they will smack you and have a good laugh. However, they may just smack you. I'm not responsible if they smack you really hard or knee you somewhere you don't want to be kneed.

IMPORTANT: This is not an effect to use a classic force for unless you are 100% accurate. You could get smacked (or kneed) without getting a kiss.
Realityone

Alright now on to page 7

Guys don't be too harsh on him, it was just a simple question. Is that what this forum has become, a bash for all to every question you don't agree with. Either give him an answer or don't bother answering to the thread. Some of you can be so inconsiderate. I have seen from some to all of you post some of the dumbest stuff on here, including myself. But, God forbids anyone of you to get roasted. Then all hell breaks loose.

No instead of just ignoring the thread, you bring your sarcasm and one liners. Wow. How classless is that??? This thread is not talking about all of you, because i read a few that steered him in the right direction, but some of you were heartless in your repsonses.

Its not out of the ordinary that magic is used for charm and women attraction. Jay Sankey made an awful DVD instructing so. There's this one magician called Brad Jackson, uses something called Puma skills. Its not like his question was waaaay from left field. This stuff obviously exists.
Cedric Taylor

Build up the drama for one of your effects. Act like you don't know whether or not it will work it all. Turn to the girl you're attracted to and have been joking with and teasing so far. Ask, "Can I get a kiss for good luck?" while pointing to your cheek. If she's having fun, she probably will. And if you're feeling funny, say, "Thanks. I don't believe in luck, by the way."

And yes, I actually do this. If someone would like to go on another White Knight rant about how pathetic that is, let me just hand you the soapbox right now. You enjoy it. I'm going to go get a beer or 20.
Steerpike

Everyone-I'd say the two questions to ask for 'flirt' magic are:

1. Are you in a situation where it is appropriate to flirt? If its a casual, fun interaction that is going well and you can feel that tension of attraction then its probably alright.

and

2. Is it appropriate to do magic right now? Have you already done an opening effect? Are you just hanging out with friends talking about whatever then you abruptly shout out "I KNOWS MAGICS YOU GUYS LOOK LOOK LOOK!".

If questions one and two are both yes then go for it.

This of course goes along with other questions I've already addressed such as "Is this effect congruent with my personality?". There are many different performance styles and "flirt magic" isn't going to mesh with all of them. If you are one of those people then you shouldn't do it. Simply flirt in the process of the effects that you do perform.

Thats another important point.

You can make just about any effect flirty and it doesn't have to be "flirt magic". I remember watching William's performance of block head on his site and he flirts with the girl in the process. So I mean, if you can flirt with block head you can flirt with ANYTHING. I can't think of a better example honestly.

Side note: I really need to work on addressing a subject without writing a full on dissertation.
Haunter

Page 8

I suggest picking up a copy of Robert Greene's "The Art of Seduction." Just be sure to leave your preconceived notions at the door.
Steerpike

Page 9

Here, if you really want to get a girl interested in you. Learn Palm reading. A lot of girls/women find it very interesting and intimate.
Randy

I prefer Docc Hilford's System 88. Matches better with my lupine gaze.
Steerpike’s suggestion for the above​

Page 10

Steer-I read Art of Seduction it was really interesting but I feel like it made attraction out to be much more complicated than it needs to be. That said, there is a lot of good food for thought in there. If you get a chance check out RSD's Blueprint series. There is some stuff in there that has severely improved how I relate to everyone, enhanced my understanding of myself etc. Take my advice here with a grain of salt tho because I am saying a 400 page book is making attraction too complicated then recommending blueprint which is like 20 hours of video. My bad. Also, wow good cop/bad cop actually worked?! *respect knuckles*

Haunter

Now if you thought I wasn't going to post anything you obviously don't know this wolf.

Jan 16, 2008
I now respect you, Oh great Keoke.*Chinese fist-palm gesture of respect*

Those ARE good advice, especially liked RealityOne's effect. He should sell it.

Now I'm officially done with this thread.

Thanks again!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results