Getting a kiss successfully after a trick?

Sep 1, 2007
For the sake of context, think about the joke for a second.

I've been into music and learning to play guitar (off and on) and sing for about 7 years. Hanging out with other musicians, I've come across multiple occasions where a guy asked for good songs to play at parties to impress girls. There were 5 answers and that was it:

1. Actual helpful suggestions from guys who used their music as a way to meet new people and attract women.
2. Dip****s calling him pathetic.
3. Steve Vai wannabes recommending guitar virtuoso music that nobody at a party would want to hear because it sounds like masturbating.
4. Future misogynists telling him to just play pop tunes because apparently women are stupid and without exception like to listen to stuff that manly men like them hate.
5. Would-be comedians all recommending either Rape Me by Nirvana, **** Her Softly by Tenacious D, or one of several songs by Cannibal Corpse, usually ****ed with a Knife or I Cum Blood.

Look at number 5. This seriously happened. Like, every time. And it was typical for some delusional "jokester" to use the exact same song as the previous four guys before him. On the same page because he didn't read past the first post!

So, here's the point. When you respond to a thread like this trying to be funny by saying something outrageous... you could not be less funny if you were stabbing me. You're not being creative, original, witty, or even remotely entertaining. Shut... the ****... up.

Sep 3, 2007
Most of this whole thread is how Alex would go about it. My question, how many gf's do you have Alex? I'm married, doesn't that count for something?

Sep 1, 2007
Take your own advice.

This thread has been beaten to death with a bat already. Obviously it's a sketchy subject. No matter how hard you try to convince people, they're still going to have their own views on it.

Couple of problems with this. First, I can prove a lot of the people I'm railing against are demonstrably wrong. I find stupidity offensive, and by telling me not to call people on their bull****, you are supporting stupidity.

Second, the only reason "sketchy subjects" take such a sour turn is because most of the people posting in this thread have less self-control than a chimp with a head wound. This behavior is supposed to be discouraged, not hand-waved.

I'm not sure why you thought I would find your opinion credible, but if you want to continue flapping your jaw for its own sake, be my guest.

Most of this whole thread is how Alex would go about it. My question, how many gf's do you have Alex? I'm married, doesn't that count for something?

I'm sorry, what? Make a point first, and then call me an *******. Okay? If you people are going to hate my guts, do it properly.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
OK, everybody here needs to check their ego's at the door. The guy asked the question, he got yelled at and then it later got answered. problem solved. If you guys want to fight about something that doesn't really concern you, then take it to the Magic cafe. God knows there is enough bickering going on over there.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Couple of problems with this. First, I can prove a lot of the people I'm railing against are demonstrably wrong.
You seem to not know the difference from opinion and fact.
You're arguing your opinion, which in turn, is only as good as you make your case out to be. No matter how hard you try to convince people, it will never be viewed as being 100% true. People are still going to have their doubts and own beliefs on the subject.

Second, the only reason "sketchy subjects" take such a sour turn is because most of the people posting in this thread have less self-control than a chimp with a head wound. This behavior is supposed to be discouraged, not hand-waved.

Oh, you must mean how people curse excessively in order to gain attention for themselves. Sad.

I'm not sure why you thought I would find your opinion credible, but if you want to continue flapping your jaw for its own sake, be my guest.
Likewise.
But don't tell me that your opinion is right and mine is wrong. You can argue your point and case as to why you think yours in right, but cursing at people will get you no where, and also makes you look like an exhausted inebriated little man who wants attention.
I think it's pretty funny how you think my opinion isn't credible. If it really didn't matter, than you wouldn't have replied to it.:rolleyes:

Sep 1, 2007
*cough*[size=-2]someone needs to calm down[/size]*cough*

I'm still not sure why everyone thinks that swearing means that someone is screaming while veins bulge out of their neck and their face is bright red. Come on, are we that sheltered?

I think it's pretty funny how you think my opinion isn't credible. If it really didn't matter, than you wouldn't have replied to it.:rolleyes:

I never said it didn't matter. Lacking credibility is not the same as irrelevance. I saw you coddling and supporting stupidity. You got all pissy about it and launched on this bull**** about opinions like every other thin-skinned internet guttersnipe. Man up.

Besides, before I came to this thread the most you contributed was to tell the threadstarter that it was pathetic that he needed to ask the question and refer to everyone with his issues as "little *****es." So that puts you in a bit of a glass house right off the bat. I actually made an effort to help him. I also saw the people in this thread acting like a bunch of apes so I called them on their bull****. And you want to tell me I'm in the wrong for standing up for my fellow man because, hey, "It's just your opinion!"?

Let me ask you a question, and I'm not doing this to be a dick. This is a real question. Do you believe that social skill are real skills that can be studied, quantified, and learned?

This is the type of topic that makes me feel sad about where magic is going. :( Has magic REALLY been lowered to this?

Now see, this is symptomatic of what I'm talking about. This is stupidity hard at work. If you people actually went out and performed this sort of thing wouldn't offend you. And if you had the slightest bit of heart or empathy you would try to answer the question without being a bunch of self-righteous goons.

You're all so determined to be outraged with something to the point this kid thinks that this topic is a sign of magic being ruined. Jesus crack-smoking Christ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I'm still not sure why everyone thinks that swearing means that someone is screaming while veins bulge out of their neck and their face is bright red. Come on, are we that sheltered?
Nah, I just think you get pretty heated sometimes. A smarter thing for me to have said would be "*cough*[size=-2]some people need to calm down[/size]*cough*".

Anyway, I see someone still dragged this beaten thread back up. It was almost to the point were I thought It might be buried at the bottom of the page. Guys, let it go. Okay? What's the point of bringing it back up? To prove you point over an internet forum? Seriously?

Sep 1, 2007
Nah, I just think you get pretty heated sometimes.

Irritable is a better word.

Anyway, I see someone still dragged this beaten thread back up. It was almost to the point were I thought It might be buried at the bottom of the page. Guys, let it go. Okay? What's the point of bringing it back up? To prove you point over an internet forum? Seriously?

Mostly it's the stupidity thing. But also, I don't believe it should be excused or ignored when some feel the need to be apologists for the crass behavior exhibited toward the threadstarter. As I said before, most guys who need help in social situations are afraid to ask because that kind of callous abuse is the reaction they usually get. I used to be in the same position, so I naturally want to stand up for the guys getting kicked in the face every time they gather up the courage to ask a question.

Sep 3, 2007
Irritable is a better word.

Mostly it's the stupidity thing. But also, I don't believe it should be excused or ignored when some feel the need to be apologists for the crass behavior exhibited toward the threadstarter. As I said before, most guys who need help in social situations are afraid to ask because that kind of callous abuse is the reaction they usually get. I used to be in the same position, so I naturally want to stand up for the guys getting kicked in the face every time they gather up the courage to ask a question.

There is a lot of talent here in these forums. It's not all about who can write a better sentence.

And plus, you want to stand up for people that speak their minds? Then why did I get banned from E bro? You are a moderator there. You could do something about it. You just don't want to because you know that me speaking MY MIND is something that you get bored with. Cause I'm not as smart as you. But I am Okay at magic. And that is why I'm here. As well as most of us!

Oct 29, 2009
Just around

Totally. There is no problem with bringing it back up if someone wants to apologize, but I somehow doubt that will happen. I see you point of standing up for those guys. That's cool.

Sep 3, 2007
Totally. There is no problem with bringing it back up if someone wants to apologize, but I somehow doubt that will happen. I see you point of standing up for those guys. That's cool.

I would stand up for someone else in a bad situation. The only thing is, I could be robbing them of the epiphany of standing up for themselves.

Sep 1, 2007
And plus, you want to stand up for people that speak their minds? Then why did I get banned from E bro? You are a moderator there. You could do something about it. You just don't want to because you know that me speaking MY MIND is something that you get bored with. Cause I'm not as smart as you. But I am Okay at magic. And that is why I'm here. As well as most of us!

No, you were banned for acting like a drunken tool to everybody. I couldn't in good conscience stand up for you when you acted like that. There were multiple occasions where I defended you behind the scenes, but I had to draw the line somewhere. It was your own goddamn fault, so don't blame it on me, you ****ing child.

I would stand up for someone else in a bad situation. The only thing is, I could be robbing them of the epiphany of standing up for themselves.

He did try to stand up for himself. And he got smacked for it. People shouldn't have to stand alone when they've done nothing wrong.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results