Glass bottle smash

Jun 4, 2009
Hi guys there is an effect where you can cause the bottom of a glass bottle to smash while the spectator is holding it. Its been around for a while and there are similar effects with a light bulb too. I would really like to know the name of these effects if they're published.

Here is a video of Keith Barry performing it and I'm sure I've seen David Blaine perform it too.

(effect starts at arround 11:50)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GigYWy2UmOY

Sep 16, 2008
I think its called Devil's cola or something similar. An nice version was also performed by Derren Brown with a light bulb in his EVENTS television program.

Jun 4, 2009
Cheers dude! I did see Derren perform a light bulb version on the events! Both effects are spectacular too watch :)

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Devil's Cola Bottle is only usually seen on TV specials as each bottle is bloody expensive to buy, you can make your own though!

As for exploding bulbs, the most popular are Magic Smith's "Big Bang" and Mesika's "Exploding Bulb"

I personally use Big Bang, it's done while the bulb is in a bag so it's much safer and completely isolated.

With Yigal's, it's a more dramatic effect as shards of glass fly everywhere, but with that comes added danger of injury and you're holding the bulb by the screw piece.

For an interesting addition to exploding bulbs, check out "Lightening" also by Magic Smith, it allows the bulb to flicker, looks great together.

Best,

DC

Jun 4, 2009
Devil's Cola Bottle is only usually seen on TV specials as each bottle is bloody expensive to buy, you can make your own though!

As for exploding bulbs, the most popular are Magic Smith's "Big Bang" and Mesika's "Exploding Bulb"

I personally use Big Bang, it's done while the bulb is in a bag so it's much safer and completely isolated.

With Yigal's, it's a more dramatic effect as shards of glass fly everywhere, but with that comes added danger of injury and you're holding the bulb by the screw piece.

For an interesting addition to exploding bulbs, check out "Lightening" also by Magic Smith, it allows the bulb to flicker, looks great together.

Best,

DC

Thanks Dee. If its not a patented process maybe you could pm me on how to make one? I have been reading around and apparently its a physics experiment and its called a "Bologna Bottle" I know from reading around a rough process on how someone would go about making one but nothing specific enough to actually be able to do it myself.

I understand if someone owns the rights to this then obviously you wont be able to explain.

Cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results