Going to camp. Need some help.

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone I leave Sunday to go to summer camp for two weeks. No electronics are allowed, so I go to what I'd rather do than use electronics. Use a deck of cards.

Could you please give me some hard hitting impromptu card effects that don't include gimmicks. (setup is fine) I would like to know of some great effects that I could perform on the spot with pure sleight of hand.

Most of my performances will be to about 4-5 people directly in front me just for fun, but I know that there are a couple days where I might be surrounded by a group so please if you could give me suggestions for both scenarios.

Thank you very much to everyone,
Magicman1040

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
could you please let us know your skill level to help recommend stuff. no good saying to do raise rise if you cant even do a double lift, if you know what i mean.

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
could you please let us know your skill level to help recommend stuff. no good saying to do raise rise if you cant even do a double lift, if you know what i mean.

haha sorry about that I knew I would leave something out...

My skill level is very good. I have been doing card magic for about 4 years so I know my stuff. My double lift is very good I have some great changes in my arsenal, and I have some great controls. I hope this helped

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
my favorite trick to perform for a group is called "holey terror 2"

Its a moving holes on a signed card routine that is SICK, but i think its outta print so that sucks for you LOL. I like autograph by justin miller, a good ACR with a kick ass ending. Pit Hartling's book Card Fictions has some great practical stuff in there with no gaffs and it hits hard.

Hey everyone I leave Sunday to go to summer camp for two weeks. No electronics are allowed, so I go to what I'd rather do than use electronics. Use a deck of cards.

Could you please give me some hard hitting impromptu card effects that don't include gimmicks. (setup is fine) I would like to know of some great effects that I could perform on the spot with pure sleight of hand.

Most of my performances will be to about 4-5 people directly in front me just for fun, but I know that there are a couple days where I might be surrounded by a group so please if you could give me suggestions for both scenarios.

Thank you very much to everyone,
Magicman1040

angle zero by d+m always gets great reactions.

Mar 2, 2008
If you have 13 steps to mentalism (im guessing most magicains do) read about the stacked deck. I've been playing around with it and its tooo much fun to pratice and use.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Ignore what everybody else is saying. Do you any mentalism or anything that doesn't require a prop (besides maybe a S****). if you do, you can do a TON of stuff with that and make it look totally impromptu and impossible.

Aug 18, 2008
Ignore what everybody else is saying. Do you any mentalism or anything that doesn't require a prop (besides maybe a S****). if you do, you can do a TON of stuff with that and make it look totally impromptu and impossible.

Why? Because your advice doesn't answer the question at all, yeah definitely listen to this guy..

Jul 26, 2009
Canada
Bring a balloon. Seriously. And do Pressure. Since there is no electronics just use your deck of cards. That trick always gets people if it is done right.
But if you don`t want to bring a balloon, try tricks like Time Machine, Tivo 2.0, French Kiss, etc. Just anything really.

Jan 8, 2009
If you like thumb tip magic...you might like the 100 dollar bill switch..which can accomplish many different effects...and for card magic...Triumph routines are always good..as well as ACR and Aaron Fishers Search and Destroy...Good Luck :D

Oct 11, 2007
I've dealt with camp many times because I go to 2 every summer...definitely an ACR routine and Angle Zero! Also try some rubber band illusions.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Well, if you take into account the time it Takes to choose and receive the magic, you'll need practice and probably won't perform very much. Why don't you just use effects you already know. I'm sure the people at camp will not have seen them before. It will also give you a chance to improve as a performer.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
But if you don`t want to bring a balloon, try tricks like Tivo 2.0

If he's performing to a group of real people, I wouldn't recommend this so much...:rolleyes:

Some tricks I can think of off the top of my head are:

-Stigmata
-Culligula Triumph (if you have been into cards for 4 years...)
-Five Speed
-Hofsinzers Aristocrats
-Paul's Bill Comes Due
-Finger Flicker
-Criterion or Recharge if you have a good ClipShift

These are just some of the things I perform regularly, and I have been into card magic for 2 years, so with double the amount of experience as me, you should have no trouble with these effects...

Why not bring Sponge Balls and Rubberbands along too? There is plenty of easy and hard-hitting stuff to do with these. People will get tired of the cards, trust me...

Hope that helped.

Good luck my friend!

All the best,

-Sanj

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results